An optional addon by Ivory Duke aimed at making the QCDE demakes of the most iconic Quake Live maps proportionally identical to the their original.
Here comes Ivory and another addon of his with a lame name.
While I was working on my demake of Elder, which is now integral part of QCDEmaps2.0, I figured out a way to make the layout of my map pretty much identical to the original (with some minor limitation in the height department).
I then figured out a way to apply the same approach on all the other QCDE demakes of QL maps and decided to work on the most iconic ones to make them look as closely as possible to the original maps.
This first version only includes Furious Height but I plan to also work on: Aerowalk, Lost World, Toxycity, Cure, and Sinister.
Here are the rules of the game:
- I am ONLY going to change the layout
- the artistic choices of the original creators will be fully respected
- I will not be adding any detail of my own unless it is absolutely necessary to more closely respect the layout of the QL maps
Load after QCDEmaps2.0.pk3 and my addon will automatically replace the maps with my reworked versions.
Updates will be coming out slowly, remaking a map is a very taxing task, and I will only be able to work on this very few hours per week. They will come out, eventually.
In the meantime enjoy!!
- added Aerowalk. When I finished the layout to make it identical to the QL counterpart it felt very cramped, especially with Big Champions, so I took the liberty of stretching it out 25% on the X and Y axis. Everything feels like the original, the only limitation is that due to the fact that the max rocket jump height of QCDE is lower than the QL's one, you cannot rocket jump from SSG to top level RL.
Fixed an issue where you could go out of some windows in Aerowalk (stupid me I forgot to make the linedefs impassable)
- Added Lost World
- A few minor fixes and tweaks to Aerowalk and Furious Heights
- Fixed a mistake on Lost World
- Added a Terrain Lump for lava damage in Lost World
- Fixed a bunch of misaligned textures in Lost World
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.