This mod by EggChen enhances many of the particle effects.
This mod enhances many of the particle effects in Stalker. New in this version, almost
all effects are optional, and new particles have been added to some mutants. Anomolies
have been refined, and generally they are harder to see, but not invisible.
Please see screenshots, but remember these are moving effects and hard to capture!!
- Adjusted all bullet impacts to throw out larger and more particles.
- Increased size of blood impacts, but not density, so you get a finer spray effect.
- Generally increased muzzle smoke from all weapons, muzzle flash has not been changed.
- Increased smoke emitted with shells from weapons fire.
- Includes P90, minigun and Arsenal Mod particles, so can be used by those merging mods.
- Burner now emits swirling smoke when idle, blowout effect unchanged.
- Changed fruit punch to match the description from the book Roadside Picnic, including
new light animations and textures. Thanks to Darius6 for the idea.
- Changed Electro to emit blue fog from small flashes of light. Improved from version 2.
- Gravi now has swirling leaves to represent the vortex.
- Whirlygig is a more powerful version of Gravi, with a dust vortex.
- Springboard is a pulsating gravitational distortion, much softer and smoother
transitions than version 2.
- Campfire without distortion to try and remove lag.
- Minefield with much smaller sticks that identify where a mine is.
- Increased Pseudogiant attack.
- Poltergeist is now just an air distortion rather than an electricity ball.
- Controller has dust, leaves and small electric discharges in large vortex around him.
- Cut-out zombies now have flies buzzing around them.
- Improved shotgun muzzle smoke effect.
- RPG now has its own unique explosion effect.
RESOURCES FOR MODDERS (OPTIONAL)
- Napalm Explosion - Very similar to barrel explosion, but removed the parts of barrel. Useful for
napalm grenades, etc.
- Phosphorous Explosion - Explosion that shoots out projectiles, leaving a smoke trail which slowly
falls to the ground.
- Blowout Wind - Can be used in env_ambient section for blowouts. Red wind, dust and debris in air.
- 3 Snow Effects - Can be used in env_ambient section for those using winter mod.
Anyone can use this in a compilation, credit would be nice.
No new game is required, and will work on any patch. Refer to Options.txt for details on how to
remove an effect. This is only a case of deleting files, no editing required.
- Includes compatibility for Oblivion Lost & SRP minigun, Gosuke's P90 and Arsenal Mod weapons.
Credit for those individual particle effects go to those guys.
- AMK for the scripts which I used to add particles to the Controller and Zombie.
Everyone who has given feedback and ideas on the forums, including Darius6, Shadow_State
GoodOlVladwick, zombiedinosaur, Wolfehunter, taito_11, Allianxor, Dezodor, Gr1ph00n, Marco_M,
Marteen Dee, Kanyhalos, Natace, Don Reba, Atrocious, Kain!, Skullhunter, A Lone Hobo, Silverpower,
BAC9-FLCL, Decane, Claysoft'65, M0ldym1LK, Serensius, Lucian04, and the famous Tejas Slacker!!
SPECIAL THANKS :
- Utility, whose previous work on particles gave me the idea to try it out in the first place.
Looking at some of his effects taught me how to do some of those I have now used.
- Harmont whose tutorial got me started.
- Nightwatch, whose help enabled me to add particles to mutants that did not usually have any.