A collection of my personal changes for Brutal Doom.
This mod aims to improve upon personal unsastifactory minor details for Brutal Doom.
Notable list of changes
- The crosshair now properly dissapear upon aiming down sights.
- Changed some weapon sprites to ones from Brutal Doom's betas (shotgun, super shotgun, SMG, plasma rifle, classic chaingun) since I found them to look better.
- The thrown grenade when playing in classic mode now matches the first-person sprite.
- The fire axe pick-up sprite now matches the first-person sprite.
- Replaced some weapon sound effects with punchier, alternate unused ones.
- Added Doomguy's taunts and one-liners.
- Added missing tags for some weapons and enemies.
- The game nows fully prevents you from dual wielding weapons in Tactical Mode.
- The plasma rifle reloading now actually sounds like magazine loaded to the weapon instead of a canister dropping into the weapon. (Audio taken from Quake 4)
- Replaced HD sounds with ones from Doom Sound Bulb.
- Fixed a few punctutation errors.
- The former sergeant's obituary now takes account to the player's gender.
- Made the dual wield requirement message more concise. (Now says "You need 2 [weapon]s to dual wield")
- Fixed a few more punctuation errors.
- Fixed the rocket launcher showing up the crosshair when aiming down the scope.
- The plasma rifle in classic mode now shows up the proper pick-up sprite.
- Fixed punctuation error for the flamethrower's pick-up message.
- Added sounds from my sound improvements mod.
- Removed sounds from my sound improvements mod so I don't have to update the mod every time I update the sound improvements mod.
- Added shotgun firing sound replacement.