Revamped outfit degradation and repair mechanics.
Eliminate the panic and frustration when armor goes a long time without repair and drops below an arbitrary repair threshold, forcing the player to go out of their way to fix the outfit. It is annoying that the player can't simply make a shoddy repair to get them through until they get back to base. Let the player worry about other things than obsessively checking their armor condition every time they get hit. Make salvaged outfits usable without needing to wait forever. Indirect buff to anomaly based suits due to difficulty of repair of ballistic-heavy suits.
Keeping in theme with WPO "usable, but not good". Recommended to use full condition parts.
The latest can be found here: Github.com
- 1.1.2 - RUS translation from Aonestr
- 1.1.1 - Mainlined armor crafter into OPO, now that the conflicts are gone.
- 1.1 - Miscellaneous outfit parts are now eligible to repair any outfit (appropriate to sewing/repair kit strength). Sewing kits and outfit repair kit max part restoration greatly reduced; this bonus can be restored with using outfit parts, and matching the outfit part to the outfit vastly increases effectiveness.
- 1.0.9 - Workshop no longer restores condition, only max condition. This is to balance out otherwise powerful and low-cost suit repairs. Max condition is displayed in workshop.
- 1.0.8 - Projected max condition is displayed in repair screen now.
- 1.0.7 - Parts damage modifier can now be changed in MCM. Fixed small issue where information on repair wasn't sent to user.
- 18.104.22.168 - Fixed the annoying issue where max condition didn't reset after workshop repair.
- 22.214.171.124 - Revised damage table so parts can't die faster than the suit. This should stop those annoying 'using a glue and getting your suit trashed' bugs. Nerfed sewing kits as compensation.
- 1.0.6 - Restricted usage of low quality repair items on more expensive armors. Removed redundant messages on repair. Added more information in descriptions for repair items.
- 1.0.5 - RUS translation from Oleg Beon
- 1.0.4 - Increased wear on outfits, hopefully advanced armor should get some dings in there now. Rebalanced pricing and restoration on outfit repair items. Quick fix for OP Tur glue. Another quick fix for monkey patch allowing repair to go past max condition. THIS MAKES THE ADDON HARDER, don't use if you are happy with the degradation rate now.
- 1.0.3 - Monkey patched out dependencies where possible. Removed extraneous files.
- 1.0.2 - Tweaks to script for efficiency and to not clog the console. Buffed armor repair for items that were disproportionately expensive with the new changes.
- 1.0.1 - Added some rounding up to the max condition. Changed sewing thread and field repair kit to replace no condition, requiring spare parts to be useful, but increased uses to 5.. This should make the grind for parts harder. Fixed patch file for speed. There is a known issue right now where after repair max condition may not update, but it is updated.
Outfit max condition
- All outfit repair items work from 0% condition.
- Outfits have a max condition dependent on the conditions of the parts.
- The max condition is 20% + (average of all parts) * 80%.
- Attempting to repair past this threshold with repair items will result in being capped at the max condition.
- Damage to the outfit will degrade parts conditions. This is based on outfit immunitites.
- Different damage types affect outfit parts differently. Getting mauled by a Pseudodog will shred your fabrics but your armor plates should be reasonably intact. Acid will melt through your armor plates but your retardant components should resist the damage well. Electricity won't do much structural damage but will absolutely destroy your exo frames.
- Outfit condition does not affect how much damage the parts take.
- Parts in the outfit can, in addition to being replaced, be repaired with certain repair items.
- How this works is, when a repair item is used, the amount of "total condition restored" (rightmost column) is restored to parts eligible under "can repair".
- For example, say you have leather jacket with fabric 1 at 50%, fabric 2 at 60%, fabric 3 at 100%. If you use advanced sewing kit to fix the jacket, fabric 1 will gain 50% condition and be set to 100%, fabric 2 will gain 25% condition and be set at 85%.
- Repair will always prioritize the parts it can repair first. If using a repair kit on an item with damaged fabrics, retardants and ballistics, it will repair the ballistics first, then retardants, then fabrics.
- With multiple components of the same type, the condition is applied on a first-come first-serve basis.
- Outfit parts can be used to support any repair, if the repair item supports it. This gives a huge bonus to max condition repair if the part matches the outfit.
- User will be prompted on what components were restored.
- To replace helmets, drag and drop new helmet to outfit with helmet repair kit in inventory. This will consume one charge of the helmet repair kit.
- Technician will restore all parts to full condition.
Repair UI - max condition display
Table of repair items and effectiveness
Workshop UI - max condition display
-- OPTIONAL SECTION
Armor crafter addon will let you craft ballistic and retardant components out of components you do not need.
Drag a disassembly tool (leatherman, grooming kit, swiss knife) over a component you want to disassemble. You will receive 1-4 of component base parts. Combine 15 and a Field Armor toolkit charge at a workbench with Advanced tools. Recipes are scattered between Mechanics manuals.
This mini-addon works standalone and conflicts with other craft overhauls.
-- END OPTIONAL
Changes to existing script files (For merge purposes)
items_repair.ltx - New values for outfit repair items
item_parts.script - Prevent part condition reset when parts exist (essentially make evaluate arg do nothing)
item_repair.script - Callback into main script file to adjust parts condition and round off outfit condition.
ui_inventory.script - Reset stored parts condition on technician repair (thanks Lucy)
ui_workshop.script - Callback into main script to compute correct repair values for parts replacement.
utils_ui.script - Add the max condition field to armor display.
Compatibility patches for WPO and outfit speed available.