I can say I had fun working on the mod. I still find it pretty fun to play. In it, you take the role of a god given mortal flesh, who only has limited access to his abilities. The player uses attacks with a set timelimit, during which as much damage must be done to the enemy as possible, as opposed to having a finite supply of ammo that can be used whenever (although you still need a certain amount of “Omega energy” to activate those attacks). On top of your time-based attacks, you have a “Zeal” meter, which depletes the more energy you use at once, and hurts you when it gets too low. Conserve your energy to conserve your zeal, and you will survive. You’re equipped with four types of Omega energy – yellow, green, red and blue, all of which allow you to perform three separate attacks at a time (one weak, one medium and one strong for each colour type), so the player can learn up to 12 skills in total. There are also two separate player classes – Order and Chaos.
CREATED BY James "Jimmy" Paddock, 2010
This is the "v1.2" release of the mod.
- BRAND NEW REGULAR STATUS BAR! :D Fullscreen hud has also been tweaked.
- Tweaked nearly all of the weapons so they're now much nicer to use.
- Switched the powerups around, AGAIN.
+ Berserk -> Strengthcharge: Provides a massive 30-second damage boost to the fist. No health.
+ Soulsphere -> Soulcharge: Exactly the same as it was before - 100% health boost.
+ Megasphere -> Megacharge: Again, exactly the same - 200% boost to health and armor.
+ Chainsaw -> Zealcharge: Boosts zeal reserves by 100% (up to 200%).
+ Invuln sphere -> Godcharge: Makes the player immune to attacks for 30 seconds, and turns the screen bright yellow.
+ Invis sphere -> Time lock: Freezes time for 15 seconds.
+ Radsuit -> Divine shield: Acts as a temporary barrier to all environment damage and half of normal damage.
All temporary powerups have additive time limits.
- Added a LANGUAGE lump - all-new (highly cynical) obituaries!
- Added a GAMEINFO lump to ensure the mod always runs with doom2.wad when no other IWAD is specified. There are too many effects that use Doom 2 resources for the WAD to play well in any other IWAD.
- Added a MENUDEF lump which radically changes the overall look of the Doom menu interface.
- Added numerous effects to the stock actors, such as the imps' fireballs.
- Added new gibbing, burning, and disintegration deaths for the monsters.
- All new sparkly effects while powered-up!
- All player attacks are now excluded from time freezes.
- Almost completely changed the behavior of Hell Fountain and Chain Lightning.
- Bosses now drop omega boosters (similar to the backpack replacements) which boost all reserves by 30.
- Both kinds of booster now give additional zeal.
- Changed the look of the soul globes/orbs.
- Many, many other changes and tweaks - aesthetic or otherwise.
- The numbers that float around skill orbs now use sprites based on the STYSNUM# characters instead of the STCFN### ones. These sprites are less likely to screw up when running custom WADs.
- The "preferred skill" actually works.
- The armor icon on the HUD now turns blue when picking up a megasphere.
- The active skill name now uses the console font on both huds.
- Addition of a script that forbids using cheating to switch from Order to Chaos (or vice-versa) on the fly.