Contains the HUD Original Icons patch, and compatibility patches for Accessories to murder, Brutal Doom v19, Brutal Doom v20, Doom RPG, SmoothDoom, Perk Smooth Weapons Enhanced, Threshold of Pain: SE, Threshold of Pain II, and ZDCMP2. Has to be loaded after the main NC Hud file.
Main HUD: v1.22 - August 3rd, 2015
- HUD's Original Icons (Restores the HUD's original icons for armor and ammo) - August 13th, 2014
- Accessories to Murder (Patch) - August 3rd, 2015
- Brutal Doom v19 (Patch) - August 3rd, 2015 [Discontinued as of October 4th, 2015]
- Doom RPG (Patch) - August 3rd, 2015 [Discontinued as of October 4th, 2015]
- Perk Smooth Weapons Enhanced (Patch) - by Nevander - June 12th, 2015
- Smooth Doom (Patch) - by Coincident - August 3rd, 2015
- Threshold of Pain: Special Edition (Patch) - August 3rd, 2015
- Threshold of Pain 2 (Patch) - August 3rd, 2015
- ZDoom Community Map Project 2 (Patch) - August 3rd, 2015
Dedicated Versions: (These are modifications of the HUD which are created and maintained by other members of the community for their favorite mods)
Important Notes: (Last updated on August 3rd, 2015)
- The HUD requires a development build of ZDoom to run. For GZDoom, official version 1.8.7 or newer is sufficient.
- It does not work with Zandronum or Skulltag (in case of the latter, it never will), as they do not have the necessary features.
- It will only work "out of the box" with projects that do not alter the player's arsenal. Modification of the HUD is necessary if you want custom weapons and ammo to work with it.
Additional Patch-related Notes: (Last updated on October 4th, 2015)
- Do not request patches. The ones I will be making are only for mods that I'm interested in.
- The patches above assume that you are using unmodified versions of the respective mods. Typically, the patches should work with modified versions of the mods as long as the class names of the weapons and their associated ammo types are left untouched.
- The main HUD is required for the patches to work. Make sure it is loaded before the patch files, and after any other mods.
- The icons patch is meant to be used with the main HUD alone if one so desires. Do not mix it with the other patches.
- If you want to submit a patch, then feel free to do so, and I shall add it above to the list of patches. Do note, however, that I will not maintain those patches submitted by others. It is the submitter's job to keep their patches up to date and working.
May I use your HUD in my mod, Blue Shadow?
I seem to be getting asked this often recently. The answer to that question is: yes, you may.
What's new/changed in this version:
- Added two CVARs: One can be used to switch to the old bar system, and the other to set an arbitrary max value for the over-max blue bar (only applies when the old bar system is enabled).