An addon for Half-Life 2: Lost Coast which includes 6 fixed-up beta maps and 1 beta recreation map!
This addon for Half-Life 2: Lost Coast includes:
- 6 maps created during the development of Lost Coast by Valve.
- 1 rough mockup of the earliest known iteration of Lost Coast, in which the player rides in a boat with the Fisherman into the bay.
"What is the 2004 era mockup based on?"
- According to Valve's Robin Walker, one of the early versions of the Lost Coast had the Fisherman picking the player up in a boat and bringing them to the Monastery.
- One of the early iterations of Lost Coast (d2_LostCoast_scene.vmf, dated February 2005) contains a very highly detailed path on the other side of the level from where the player actually goes in that version. The original spawnpoint in the map is also on a dock at the start of that path, all seemingly leftovers from the boat ride version. All of this leftover geometry was left unchanged for the mockup.
- All dialog shown onscreen in the mockup is original, taken from Lost Coast's closedcaptions_english.txt file. The dialog is shown on screen instead of played because the audio files are missing from the game.
For more information about the development of Lost Coast, visit Jackathan.xyz
[ Installation Instructions ]
1. Place the "lostcoast_beta_mappack" folder into the following directory:
(YOUR STEAM INSTALL FOLDER)\steamapps\common\Half-Life 2\lostcoast\custom\
If the "custom" folder does not exist, create it.
2. Start Half-Life 2: Lost Coast from Steam and choose the "LEVEL SELECT" menu option to get started.
[ Additional Credits ]
Verm | Models (Fisherman's Boat and Hook Puzzle shipwreck piece)
Magic Nipples | Pipe model