A Single Player map by RussianComrade.
a Battlefield 1942 map
Gametypes: Conquest, Coop/SP
Map Type: Head-On
Map Size: Small
- Battlecraft 42 & Editor42 (map creation and editing, pathmapping)
- Photoshop 7.0 (skinning, skybox editing)
- 3DS Max 7 (3D modeling)
- winRFA (extracting RFA files), packRFA (packing RFA files)
- SinglePlayer Creator (basic SP support and converting pathmaps to world textures)
- GenPathMaps (converting pathmaps for editing)
- Notepad (coding)
- Terragen (skybox creation)
- Black Medal
What started out as one of my first 42 maps, then got converted to FH for a FH mappack, now it's been converted back to 42. Whew.
Anyway it's a fairly expansive island with some smaller islands around it and a plethora of flags the USMC and Japanese have to fight for. Both sides get a fair number of tanks (4-5 at a time) and can also get 2 planes into the sky. The Japanese fly their Zero from a conventional airfield, but the Corsair is an air start in the top right corner of the map - you'll spawn directly into the pilot seat. On the note of Corsairs, it is now armed with rockets instead of conventional bombs. There are 2 types of rockets that will be randomly chosen for you each time the Corsair spawns:
- Tiny Tim (2 large rockets), do immense damage but are difficult to aim because they drop from the plane and then accelerate away.
- 5-inch HVAR (8 small rockets), great for shooting up infantry but minimal splash damage and require multiple direct hits to kill a tank. They also begin to spiral out of control at long range.
There's also a new tank for the US team, the M8 Greyhound (from the SW map Raid on Agheila). It has a nice green Pacific reskin and working AI now. Technically it should be on par with the Chi-Ha, but eh. It's faster than a jeep and has a rapid-firing cannon but lightly armoured and the cannon isn't exactly powerful. Better for cutting through infantry and hit-and-run attacks, leave the Chi-Has and Shermans to fight each other.
Reskins abound for most weapons and the Corsair plus takiwa's lovely Zero.
Move "Island-64.rfa" to your levels directory, in my case:
C: -> Program Files -> EA Games -> Battlefield 1942 -> Mods -> bf1942 -> Archives -> bf1942 -> levels
For uninstalling, just delete the "Island-64.rfa" file.
You can give it out to your friends, edit it, or make new maps based on it but just don't take credit for stuff you didn't do, or make money out of it. I wouldn't appreciate that.
If this busts your computer in any way, I'm not responsible. Sorry, but it was your decision to put it on your computer.
EA/Dice and so forth.
takiwa for the Zero skin.
Any problems, suggestions, or comments, email me at:
russian_comrade AT hotmail DOT com