IqeBrowser is a program to browse IQE, IQM (Inter-Quake Model format) and many other 3D models. Any 3D model can be saved as IQM (a binary format) or IQE (a text format) file. Some model processing tools are integrated to resize, shift, rotate, reskin ... the model and also to create/ modify skeletons or animations. IqeBrowser is ready to use for a windows system. Source is included. Highlight of the V2.13 release is a metaball based model creator, UVAtlas inspection and support of models with embedded textures (quake 1 models).
The highlights of IqeBroswer V2.13 are:
- Model creator
Create models based on the skeleton and a metaball algorithm.
- 'Mesh/UVAtlas' dialog
new dialog to:
* From the selected mesh part show the
texture and a visualsation of the UV mapping.
* Create a new UV atlas
- Model browser
* Display models with embedded textures.
Quake1 .mdl models are such models.
On export of such a model also the texture is written (as .png file).
* Displays textures.
Supported textures are:
png, tga, jpg, bmp, pcx, psd, gif, hdr, pic.
- Model display
Axis drawing is pimped up. In addition, the axes have different colors.
- 'Skeleton/Files + utils' dialog
* Added subdirectories support.
* 'Save as' button.
Ask for a file before saveing.
* 'Save' button.
Overwrites the selekted skelton file.
- 'Skeleton/Edit joints' dialog
New popu menu entry 'Add joint by splitting the bone'.
- 'Skeleton/Skin binding' dialog.
Added checkbox 'Tagged joints'.
Also bind tagged joint. A tagged joint has a ':' in the name.
IqeBrowser is a program to browse IQE, IQM (Inter-Quake Model format) and
many other 3D models. Any 3D model can be saved as IQM (a binary format)
or IQE (a text format) file.
Some model processing tools are integrated to resize, shift, rotate,
reskin ... the model and also to create/ modify skeletons or animations.
IqeBrowser is specially tailored for the Ryzom Assets (see below).
IqeBrowser is ready to use for a windows system.
Source is included.
IqeBrowser is created by Robert Reinhard (see Moddb.com).
Please send feedback or feature requests to me: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Browse through the file system and shows IQE and IQM files as 3D models.
Open Asset Import Library (short name: Assimp) is used to view more
then 40 other 3d model formats.
- Each viewed model can be exported as IQM (a binary format), IQE (a text format) file or OBJ
(wavefront object) file.
* Resize, shift or rotate models.
* Reskin models
* Merge multiple models/animations to one model
* Skeleton modification, creation, load, save
* Animation modification, creation
* Timline editor with keyflags
* Plots of position, angles or sizes
* Kinect V1 support with realtime retarget and recording of animations
* Model creator based on metha balls.
- The settings of checkboxes, values, ... are remembered.
- Positions and size of main and tools windows are remembered and reused on next oben.
All these assets were created for the commercial MMORPG Ryzom.
They are all free to use under Creative Commons License Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 license.
See media.ryzom.com for the original source.
The files in this repository have been converted from the original 3ds Max files
using various scripts and some manual labor by Tor Andersson.