This mod deals with sending and receiving custom charatcer information. It was modeled after "FlagRSP", if you are familiar with that mod, but offers many changes.
'This mod looks hotter than Jessica Rabbit.' ~ Shael of Feathermoon US.
'Using this mod is like having hot, unrefined awesomeness injected directly into your bloodstream. My hair approves.' ~ Hinote of Feathermoon US.
==What is ImmersionRP?==
ImmersionRP is a system that is completely compatible with flagRSP in the aspect of sending and receiving of the custom character information. However, while providing the same basic services as flagRSP, it also offers a set of features that are unique to this particular system.
ImmersionRP was designed as a light-weight and user-friendly RP immersion system that follows the ideas of flagRSP.
The current list of features contains the following:
· Full graphical interface - all the IRP commands and switches are easliy found through a comprehensive menu that is accessable by right-clicking your character's portrait.
· Complete flagRSP compatibility - you will be able to view descriptions of flagRSP, flagRSP2 and MyRolePlay users. (as long as RSP2 and MRP stay on the flagRSP communication channel, in any case)
· Support for both a first name and a last name at the same time - Compatible with FlagRSP2 and flagRSP BC.
· Fast character lookup that enables you to quickly view a person's description through a search engine. (With capability of looking up characters by their custom names)
· Quick status change that lets you change your RP status without opening the main ImmersionRP window.
· Social interface - you may enable the optional Social addon and use it to list your friends and foes, both players and guilds, of either faction. You may also choose to hide information in the tooltip for players who are not on your list as well as assign RP information to those who don't use any RP mod. The Social addon was carefully designed to cause minimal performance impact to your WoW experience and absolutely none for users who do not wish to use it.
· Compact scrollable and resizable infobox - Initially, the infobox will display only the names and custom title, however, should you wish to see the full description of a character, all that is necessary is clicking on the infobox. To hide the description again, just one more click on the infobox is required. In this mode, the infobox can be freely resized vertically.
· Possibility to bind IRP's functions to any key on your keyboard.
· Semi-automatic joining of the communication channel - IRP will warn you after some time into the gaming session if your client isn't connected to the channel, thus eliminating the potential problem of auto-joining and messing up your channel order.
· An optional minimap icon that can be moved and placed freely.
· The ability to disable the display of information for certain players.
· The ability to quickly toggle the visibility of your helm and cloak from the IRP menu.
· Tooltip preview - see what others' tooltips will show when they mouse over you.
· Complete compatibility with WoW 2.0 and The Burning Crusade.
To install IRP, the contents of the downloaded file need to be unzipped to the WoWInterfaceAddOns directory. The directory in which the mod resides MUST be called 'ImmersionRP' without the quotes and similarly the Social addon directory must me called 'ImmersionRPSocial'.
Should you be a flagRSP, flagRSP2 or MyRolePlay user, you will need to disable the mod you are using and mods associated with it in the UI menu on Character Selection screen, and to make sure that ImmersionRP is selected as one of the UIs to run in the game. Please note that IRP is incompatible with most tooltip modifiers due to the way the tooltip works.
NOTE: The Social addon is disabled by default. Should you wish to use it, make sure to enable it before you enter the world. It is also possible to load the Social addon while playing by typing: /script EnableAddOn('ImmersionRPSocial') into the chat and then reloading the UI using either /console reloadui or simply adding ReloadUI() after the EnableAddOn command.
After the game is loaded, right-click your portrait and go to the 'Character Info' panel to customize the description. Please remember to join the communication channel by clicking 'Join Channel' in the 'Settings' panel or wait for IRP to detect the absence of the channel.
Should you have any bug reports or suggestions, feel welcome to post them on Immersionrp.wowaddict.org
Thank you for your attention and for (hopefully) trying ImmersionRP - we hope you will enjoy it.