Various Bug fixes, made download way smaller (no impact on quality), removed various recolours of sprites (as textures can be recoloured already), Nazi's use SMG's, removed spin-down time on minigun in semi mode, p;d shotgunguy obituary is back with a new obituary :), increased threshold for ZM66 cookoff.
- Bugfix: The chaingunguy never had idle regeneration the way other zombies do.
- Bugfix: Some people mentioned a while back that the player translations did not work properly when running HD with other mods that had their own palettes, because they used separate PNGs instead of unpaletted Doom graphics. The optimization described below should fix that.
- Old shotgunguy obituary is now back by popular demand, with a new hitobituary to boot!
- Increased the threshold for ZM66 cookoff.
- Got rid of the annoying spin-down time when firing the chaingun in semi. Its only function was to make it worse than the ZM66 and didn't really make a whole lot of sense.
- Nazis now shoot SMGs.
- Converted various WAVs to OGGs.
- Converted all sprites and graphics - except crosshairs - to Doom WADs instead of individual PNGs. Download size of the file is back down to the 500ks.
- Removed a few sprites that were nothing but recolours of existing Doom sprites, in favour of TEXTURES.
- Bugfix: Expanded the zombie distance/aim thing to NPC marines.
- Bugfix: Liquid warping crashed on Doom 1 due to missing textures.
- Bugfix: Forgot to add SMG to HUD arms displays.
- Bugfix: SMG had a reference to a non-existent frame in its "nothing to do, move along" reload abort animation.
- Bugfix: The actor used to control alternate reloads would be taken away every so often, making it impossible to combine mags for the SMG.
- Added proper TEXTURES definitions so the hole on the SMG mag isn't twice as wide as the one on the pistol mag.
- Tweaked SMG mag-merge sequence. Hopefully the audio cue is a little better at indicating what is going on.
- Slowed down the rifle-jackboot's attack rate somewhat.
- Increased Thunder Buster ammo usage slightly.
- Pistol sights may now be used while you have the lite-amps on.
- Changed BFG, chainsaw and chaingun bobbing to Doom-style.
- Some cosmetic mapinfo stuff.
- Bugfix: manual said pistol was caseless.
- Bugfix: undead rifleman (not the new guy below, the one that you get when a healer imp and player corpse really like each other) was still using the shitty old shooting code.
- Bugfix: drunk imp doing cover fire would occasionally turn to face the out-of-sight player, ruining the whole effect.
- Bugfix: zombies took less time to aim from a great distance than up close. Should be the other way around.
- Added an SMG! Some zombiemen also use this (in fact right now it's the only way to get one short of selecting the appropriate loadout). Second weapon in slot 2.
- Changed pistol bob.
- Added a slight delay when switching to any weapon that must be held with both hands.
- Chainsaw beatings shall not continue until morale improves.
- Added a new, helmeted jackboot, as an excuse to add more ZM66 ammo in shotgunguy-heavy maps especially now that zombiemen are spread between ZM66 and SMG. To make up for their significantly lower stopping power on any given hit, they are much more aggressive, use only the ZM66's unique salvo ability and have 10 more hitpoints.
- Increased zombie maxtargetrange.
- Added a new passing-by sound for the pistol bullet, using the old plasma rifle distant sound.
Arachnotrons no longer have a chance of dropping liberator mags and bolts.
- Idle barons no longer wander.
- Shotgun guys' random aim spread very slightly decreased on average.
- Berserk overhauled. Now each use does much less wounding and regenerates a few more hitpoints, but your increased strength only lasts a little longer than your regeneration.
- Plasma zoom now requires cells to be loaded and drains the cells after extended use (1 unit/h).
- BFG alternate reload now loads only one cell, letting you charge up the rest without accidentally fully loading the gun and risking an extraction.
- Made the plasma sight picture larger on screen but same resolution. You see more with this more clearly than any other scope, but the picture is grainier.
- Trying out a bit of liquid flat warping.
Previous Update (4/05/14)
- Bugfix: BFG did not handle loose ammo correctly while reloading, checking for 41 units instead of 21. Also didn't do something crucial during the implicit cell-removal portion.
- Bugfix: Ghost marine grenade could occasionally drift into the ceiling while exploding, creating an infinitely recursive explosion that would leak and break the game.
- While fixing the above bug, decided to get rid of fragments for ghost marine grenades altogether. The entire explosion is a single-hitpoint illusion. It does, however, as an illusion always cause pain.
- Finally decided on what to do with cell ammo consolidation. Now, between maps, you try to charge up a few cellpacks to maximum using several of the others connected together, costing you 30 units to charge up a single full 20-unit pack. However, the BFG if you have it takes priority, and you now load 1 cellpack if necessary and charge the BFG to max. You are not assumed to try to unload the BFG at any point because you know why.
- Degraded shotgun guys' aim from "pretty fuckin' sweet" to "not too horrible usually". (A little more "stormtrooper-like", if you will, for the purpose of this early update.)
- Idle barons now wander like other monsters.