*EDIT 03/14* this addon is now included in the latest Last Day patch of 03/14/18 - TIP: to see more of the player's arm in-game, set the HUD field of view to .50 or .55, and even up to .65 for the exo-suits (default .45).
Q : Now that Last Day 1.3 comes by default with better hands models why should I use this addon?
A : What you get now by default in Last Day 1.3 is almost the same content that what released with the 1.2.0 version of this addon, which is a port of an original CoM mod upon which this addon is built and has evolved.
Although it might offer a bit less variety in hands models, this addon presents more variety in outfit visuals as many outfits such as nbc suits, light assault vest, all military suits and more will now have their own faction visual, all with custom textures that stay close to the game lore.
For a more detailed list of changes that this addon offers please refer to the changelog below.
- compatible with the latest Last Day 1.3 patch
- added new mesh for all exo-suits with new custom textures: screenshot example
- also a new mesh for all proto-exo suits with new custom textures: screenshot example
- changed the hand mesh for monolith suit and mercenary outfit to an open glove model
- improved ecologist suit bump map
- some minor fixes and textures improvements
- reworked the bandit brown trench option to affect only bandits, not the others heavy trench coats
- compatible with Last Day 1.3
- added new mesh and textures for clearsky seva suit
- reworked textures for nbc suits
- added optional Small Last Day Tweaks 1.6 compatibility patch for actor.ltx
- added new textures for all nbc variants
- reworked all textures for seva suits
- modified textures for proto exo's (w.i.p)
- improved textures for pz9d, guardian of freedom, monolith suit, merc outfit
- improved ecologist suit specular map
- updated meshes textures path
- fixed some Duty outfits broken textures path
- improved the bump maps for most outfits, give them more variety
- more outfits textures fixes (color tone, sharpness..)
- added colored variants of faction's Skat9 military outfit (used the Berill visual before)
- added new variants for NBC suit (Duty and Freedom)
- updated actor.ltx and outfit.ltx to the new visuals
- added optional folder to change the visual of the bandit trench coat to a brown fabric (
will also affect the other factions heavy overcoat visual as it is the same by default in LD)
- fixed some missing meshes animations settings, will now work with all Last Day weapons
- complete re-build of the mod leading to much less memory usage, still with HD models and textures
- new distribution of hands models, no outfit: barehanded, starter outfits: beige open fingertips gloves, some medium armors: black open fingertips gloves, and finally full gloves with variants for heavier armors, full exo's and radiation suits are untouched from original game for now
- a lot of new custom textures, standardized 2048px DXT1 for diffuse and DXT5 for normals
- added colored variants of faction's light assault vest and military outfit (were generic models in LD)
- colorized more factions outfits (arms), also gloves variations for different factions
- updated and corrected actor.ltx and outfit.ltx to the new visuals
- initial port based on zmviktor's CoM mod to be used in Last Day 1.2
Copy this archive content in your JSGME addon folder and activate the mod within the manager, or manually copy this archive gamedata folder in your game directory to install, do the same for the optional folders.
To see more of the player's arm in-game, I recommend setting the HUD field of view to .50 or .55, and even up to .65 for the exo-suits (default .45), the other general FOV setting above it will depend on your monitor size and resolution.
No new game required !
This addon is inspired by a CoM mod by zmviktor on Vk, and based on the the original works by LafuGix, WizziGun, Gazik, змей13, ky-ky, Azetrix, Дермидонт and GSC. All credits goes to the original author(s) for the meshes and the base textures.
Tools used: AXR Toolset, Hex Workshop, Gimp, Notepad++
Thank you for trying this out, please comment on what to improve!