A HD pack for Half-Payne. This pack only includes the Remod files, and so will require the original HP installation to work. Installation instructions are in the description.
HALF-PAYNE | REMOD
- Added addon: MP5/M203
- Replaced hand texture to something that has similar colors to Payne's player model hands
- Replaced Blue Shift's sleeve mesh with Payne's
- Replaced the weapons properly now, MP5 is in 9mmAR slot, Ingrams are in Ingrams.
- Reskinned the penguin, replaced the grenade on its back as well.
- Reskinned kerotan.
- Altered the 9mmhandgun hands to fit the weapon model better, might still look off though.
- Added the single fire shotgun anim for the no pump gameplay mod.
- Modified halflife.wad a bit, nothing too significant, just a computer texture that looks off.
- HUD sprites for penguins and items (painkillers and longjump module) replaced.
- Added a few music tracks in the media folder for the Black Ops merge to use, should fit in normal HL as well (if they're not replaced already by HP's map configs).
- Replaced 9mmhandgun frame texture to have its ammo fit with shell.mdl, did the same for the 9mmclips.
- Modified v_crossbow to have the right hand hold the grip somewhat properly.
- Added SAW replacement for the new update.
- Modified v_gauss to use a more fully modeled mesh + gripped right hand.
- Modified v_egon's origin and mesh slightly.
- Changed structure of liblist to use fallback_dir, no need to copy the main mod folder and overbloat overwrite sizes. Unfortunately, HP currently only reads mp3s from the main mod folder, so that part stays.
- Updated ingame credits to fit with new credits.
- Modified v_9mmar's left sleeve to be longer, also doubled the scale to help with clipping.
-a Missed the new sprite changes for the credits, hud.txt should have the correct thing now.
-b Added the chicken and its HUD sprite replacer.
- Install HP and/or its patches as you would any other GoldSource based mod normally.
- Install HP|R as you would any other GoldSource based mod. No need to copy the main mod folders.
- Overwrite the folders (the only thing added in the main HP folder are the media mp3s). Half-Payne | Remod should show up alongside classic Half-Payne.
- The mod adds simple detail texturing, if not activated yet, type "r_detailtextures 1" and its counterpart into the console.
Ambient.Impact - Various models | HUD template
BB Team - Black Ops Apache
BMS Team - Controller
Cliffton_Vlodhammer - LAW animations
Decimal - MP5/M203 fire selector model
End Of Days - Tripmine model/UV
Enron - "Ingram"
GamingLord - Gib models
Gearbox - Various models
Gi777 - Black Ops Apache
Gman - MP5/M203 M203 model
H4wk - Crossbow Body/Cocking Lever/Frame/Details on Bow/Cable | Egon skin | Tripmine skin
Half-Life Improvement Team - Graphical element used in background | Crowbar
Hav0c - Beretta
IIOPN - MP5/M203 animations
Intel - MP5/M203 fire selector model
Kärtsy Hatakka - Music
Kimmo Kajasto - Music
Liquidator - Barney | Houndeye | Massn
Marko Saaresto - Music
Predaaator - Beretta skin
Reason - HK23 skin
Red Slug - Crossbow Screws/Bow Metal/ Mag
Resident Evil Cold Blood Team - Shotgun animations
Rewolf - Shotbox container model/skin
Romka - Various models
Schmung - MP5/M203 model
Sproily - Controller | Snark
Stoke - Crossbow Acog | Desert Eagle
SureShot - Beretta model
TehFrowner - Black Ops Apache
Thanez - MP5/M203 model
Toadie - Tripmine/HK23 animations
Trusty Crowbar - Various models
Twinke Masta - Beretta model | Tripmine UV | HK23 model
Unkn0wn - LAW
Valve - Various models
Water-Phoenix - Scientist/Zombie Skin
Werewolf - Barney
Yamantaka - MP5/M203 model
ZikShadow - Remod Author
fat_al - Gib models
kimono - Shotgun
kot23rus - Beretta
ooppee - Can
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.
Damn... that was quick!
In what way?
Strange hand colors, weird sleeve (just reskinned BS model, I get it), strange weapons choice. Idk... Looks weird for me. This is not "original, like Max Payne" looks models. This is just different models for half-Life. Even not HD one.
1. The colors are weird? Hmm. I thought it looked okay.
What do you suggest? Changing the saturation or the hue of the colors?
(Left, player.mdl hands. Right, view model's hands)
2. I guess I could change the sleeve mesh to something that looks more similar to a jacket, but the texture (that is literally picked off from Payne's model and upscaled a bit) kinda has to stay, it'll look off otherwise.
3. I was kinda aiming for them being closer to the crossover feel, MP5/M203 to Ingram/Molotov, SPAS to Ithaca (I know its actually a Winchester1300 in MP1, couldn't find a good model unfortunately, had to frankenstein the Ithaca to look similar to MP1's shotgun), with the massn guys replacing the HECU due to the more lower tech weapons, what weapon in particular do you think is most unorthodox being in the mod?
Or do you think the HGrunt to MAssn transformation itself that is unusual?
I could change them to the more classic hgrunt if enough people wants it.
4. Not HD ones? Which one?
I sometimes forgot to update the remod archives with the latest files (Timeline 2|R, for instance, had the old c2a5_dest that only about a week ago have I noticed and replaced), so if you noticed something off, I must've left out something important.
1. Yep, change saturation looks like a key.
2. It would be awesome if you make sleeve just round. Without this strange "thing" where was actual sleeve in BS.
3. Two ingrams looks weird then you take them from massns which hold their ingrams weirdly and use molotovs without actual fire. And animations for player then using molotov looks weird. Only right ingram have trssers - same weird feeling. It was a bad desision to change AR into two ingrams. Tripmine also look to scifi for me. Originla HL tripmines are not very realistic too, but you HD variant looks worse.
4. I mean they are not from Max Payne games directrly and they a not from original HL HD pack, since Half-Payne use original HL models.
1/2. How's this?
I used the jacket model straight from Payne's model this time instead of BS's, and desaturated the hands a 'lil bit more.
3. But I liked the ingrams!
I got the massn animations similar to the spforce in Azure Sheep (reskinned hgrunts that use berettas instead of shotguns) and all!
I guess when it comes to the 9mmAR, an addon to revert it back to the MP5 would be alright.
3a. I actually picked the tripmine 'cause it's shaped like MP1's tripmine more, though I guess I could revert back to something that resembles the original.
4. I still don't get what you mean by that. While I do use parts from MP1/Gearbox's models, I do try to find higher quality models when possible.
1/2. MUCH better!
3. Thats your choise. I still think it a bit weird. And Max can use single or dual berettas, but cant use single ingram? And without proper animations for greneade they are weird choice for its limitations. Maybe this is just not for my taste.
4. I really don't know how to explane this better. I mean your remod do some conversions, which are not directly related to original HL and not directly converts things to MP1-2. Looks like a bit of mix up, so game style looks not solid for me. Maybe this is just my taste too.
1. Right, good to know, I'll update the view models with the new mesh/texture as soon as possible.
3. That's mostly because while the model is a dual Ingram, the weapon coding itself still uses the 9mmAR, hence why the whole bullets and tracers coming out from only one gun and the molotov "contact grenade".
I'll revert them back to the MP5/M203, suXin did mention adding some new weapons to extend the old arsenal in future updates, so perhaps I'll wait for that before putting back the ol' Ingrams.
4. Of course, the classic personal preference thing, we agree to disagree.
1/2. Alrighty, archive's updated with the new hands and sleeves.
The hand colors are altered a bit more, I greyscaled the hands and took the color straight from Payne's playermodel, hopefully it'll look more fitting.
3. The MP5/M203 has now been placed as an addon.
Tripmine stays though, I just like the look of it, I guess, and compared to Black Mesa's Tau Cannon and the Gluon Gun (among other more techy looking things), it's not THAT unrealisticly scifi-looking for a military combat unit that pretty much owns a combat version of the HEV.
Stop using photobucket
Already did, moved over to imgur for a while now.
I can't change the links in old comments though.
ZikShadow makes good HD Packs.
But he also does them for Fun, you cant fault him for that.
Yep! Ya got that right.
I just do it 'cause I could.
I'm never really one to favor graphics over everything else in games, but if it can be improved in some way, why not?
I really like this HD pack but my only problem is that when I dual wield berettas, one shoots but the other just doesn't shoot at all. Any Advice?
Are you using the latest Half-Payne version?
Older versions of HP uses a different 9mmhandgun coding, and this pack's 9mmhandgun is based on the May 17th version (latest one so far).
Ok, now the berettas work, thanks!
Shotgun doesn't seem to be working for me, it looks nothing like the W_ model.
Also, why does the W_ model of the mp5AR not look like the 9mmAR in the V_ model?
OK So apparently having half_payne_HD in the HL folder causes the wrong models to be inserted. I've never heard of this before, but, that's kind of nifty, I guess?
"The file you have selected (HalfPayneRemod.4.7z) is not available via any mirrors. Please check back shortly as our servers update every 5 minutes."
Oh come the **** on ModDB!
when i press new game this error appear :LoadLibrary failed on D:\Half Life\Half-Life\valve\dll/hl.dll (126)
Host_Error: Couldn't get DLL API from D:\Half Life\Half-Life\valve\dll/hl.dll pls some one help me
Hey Zik, if you're still alive, the latest update to Half-Payne, as of this post, renders your mod unusable, due to the fact that the extra dlls HP uses have been moved in the same folder where HP's client.dll is. If you try to launch Remod, it gets to the loading background, then Crash! The simple solution would be to move remod into HP's folder and overwrite stuff, but that's not what you intend, and if people follow your installation tutorial, they won't be able to get it working. I already told suXin about this, hopefully he can make it so dlls can be placed back where they use to be, unless he has another solution or you're already thinking of something else, good luck guys!
UPDATE: suXin is thinking of a fix where he can keep the extra dlls in the normal HP folder and still make it work, as it stands, they are expected to be in the remod folder and the fallback dir doesn't work, but he's thinking of of fix so it should be all good soon!
UPDATE 2: suXin fixed it so Remod works like it used to again! :) This is my actual account, must have had alt accounts from a while ago and had to reset passwords and stuff :)