This mod by Gupp is an add-on that gives an extension for mounting and calling critters. By a single click it mounts a ground or fly mount depending on the players location.
What is GupPet:
GupPet is an add-on that gives an extension for mounting and calling critters. By a single click it mounts a ground or fly mount depending on the players location. Because most players have plenty of mounts and critters and you probably like more then one the add-on can randomly select mounts/critters depending on the selections in the options menu.
In game usage:
There are 3 types of controls.
- Action buttons (Adds buttons and are move, hide and scalable.)
- Key Binds
- Slash Commands
In the main page of the option interface you have the controls for the action buttons.
To make options from what is enabled or disabled the add-on creates 2 pages where the mounts are split in categories and a extra page for the critters. The option page is automatically updated in case of a new learned mount or critter.
How it works:
GupPet uses a small database to split the mounts that the player currently learned. The splitting is based on type (ground or fly) and speed. When using the auto mount function the add-on will always try to select the fastest possible option. But if you can fly in an area the add-on select the flyable over the ground type.
For the critters GupPet use a small database to detect if a critter uses a type of reagent to call it. For some types you need a snowball. The add-on detects if you have that reagent with you and if not the add-on wont select that type of critter.
Added in the previous versions:
- There is now support for location dependent choice of ground mounts in 4 areas. If none are enabled for a typical area the mounts are selected from the “global” section. ( Only fast ground mounts can be selected for the location dependent function. )
- Added support for auto call critters ( When enter the world , Ress , Dismounting .. etc )
- Added swimming mount logic to fit the new changes from the patch. And a optionfield is created for the aquatic mounts at the ground mount section.
- Added a mouse over preview to display a mount or critter in the option menu.
- Added a Shift handler for always pick the ground mount type.
- Added a delay slider for auto call critter .
New in v0.582:
- If localization is not supported and therefore cant detect the locations force two mount action buttons ( Ground and Fly )
- If no mount is found auto hide the action button(s).
- If no critter is found auto hide the action button. ( Even if its enabled in the option menu )
- Added automatically dismount when you receive the 'You are mounted' error if you are not flying. ( default off )
- Added a position restore button. ( Sets the action button(s) in the center of the screen )
- Added GupPet tab to the character pet frame.
- If a keybind is set display it on the action button.