Adds exoskeleton power sources to the game. Read Description.
Exoskeletons have long been OP in Anomaly. Peel one off a thicc boi within an hour of gameplay, and after installing a sprint upgrade you now have the ultimate mix of carry capacity, durability and mobility. This addon aims to introduce some balance exoskeletons by limiting their power and adding a cost to continually fielding exoskeletons, while also adding a new loot item and making killing exo users more valuable.
Before installing this addon, make sure you are not currently wearing an exo. You will be stuck wherever you are. Alternatively, you can go into debug and spawn yourself a PSU and some batteries after installing.
- Two new item types have been added - Exoskeleton Power Supplies and Military Battery Units.
- Exoskeletons no longer have infinite power. Power is supplied through a new item called 'Exoskeleton power supply' that can be looted off exoskeleton users or purchased for a reasonable price.
- While jogging, power is slowly drained. While sprinting, power is drained faster. Crouching or walking doesn't consume power at all. These values are completely adjustable and details are below.
- If you run out of power, you will be moving super duper slow.
- Exoskeleton power supplies accept a new 'military battery' item that can be found in trader stocks or found on dead exoskeleton-wearing stalkers. Even for non-exo wearers, batteries and PSUs can be sold to make money.
- Nosorog exoskeletons
-To compensate for the new PSU item, exoskeletons have reduced in weight and cost across the board.
These are the files that conflict:
- Outfit base, exoskeleton outfit - Adjusts costs n weight of exos to reflect missing battery pack.
- Craft, Parts.ltx - Enables crafting and disassembly of new items.
- Script conflicts: None.
How to Tune
- Power drain is adjustable in configs/items/settings/exo_devices.ltx. This is based on the power drain formula in devices.ltx.
Drag and drop gamedata folder.
Open up your game and get rid of any miitary battery units and exoskeleton PSUs. Remove the game files affected.
Compatibility patches are included for Trader Overhaul 1.24 (Normal and Outfit) and Vintar0's Separated Helmets addon.
This is by no means a complete addon and I plan to add additional features to it as time goes on. I haven't had too much time to playtest this, so let me know if you find any issues.
- Non-update to fix issue in trader_autoinject script.
- Semi-major update:
- Tweaked base exo power drain to be higher and introduced MCM option to adjust power drain.
- Fixed bugs related to batteries and PSUs.
- PSU should no longer be repairable (oversight)
- Trader logic completely rewritten to leverage new framework. Traders have much less supplies now.
- Military PSU is rarer.
Reduced power drain of exos (it was too ridiculous). Some under the covers tweaks.
Monkey patched out dependency on death_manager and used new speed script version that clamps speed minimum to walking speed.
Cool new world models and icons for PSUs and exo batteries, courtesy of TDLemon.
- Re-enabled prototype exo power supply, which was disabled for some reason.
- Fixed trader crash and added rus localization from MoreLove1
- Major under the covers refactor to be more modular. No more conflicts with native devices (so now compatible with things like Beef NVGs). Tweaked exo PSU drops and drain rate. Power check is now separate addon and localized (to english)
- Small fixes for infinite batteries in power supplies, fixed error message
- Added world models from TDLemon for military and prototype PSUs
- More batteries from traders.
- Added patch for separated helmets/backpacks (untested).
- Adapted to 1.5.1. Major refactor to use my new speed utility, and removed dependency to traders. Now traders will automagically get power supplies and batteries when they have exoskeletons in their stock.
- Mostly refactoring stuff. If you are using Outfits affect Movespeed 1.1.1, use this version otherwise your game will crash.
- Refactored outfit speed check to be less complicated.
- Redid slow mechanic. Now running out of power will massively slow the player down instead of depleting their stamina.
- New icons from TDLemon. Turns out the old icons were SEVA textures.
- Fixed bug preventing recipes from being readable.
- Added bindable key to check exoskeleton power. Currently English text only.
- Added patches for Trader overhaul (and ported TO to U5 in the process). Two flavors, standard and more rep which increases the rep gates to multiples of 500.
- Reduced walking_stamina to 0.15 (now your stamina is capped at 15% without power)
- Fixed LUA issue with backpack, now backpacks are checked for correctly. Some of the errors will still come up but this should stop any crashes I hope.
- Fixed russian translation
- Fixed broken spawns
- Fixed broken trade files. Evened out sellers of military exo power supplies.
- Compatible with update 5.
- Added two more power supply variants.
- Allowed new exo power supplies to drop from enemies.
- Removed critical condition multiplier, to be reimplemented later. Moved exo-related sections to their own files.
- Custom icons!
- Disassembly and crafting recipes for some PSU models.
- RUS Translation
- Removed Trader Overhaul and Separate Helmets compatibility for now, waiting for official updates to those addons.
- Compatibility with Fang's Exo from TOC
Special thanks to:
Arszi - for helping me figure out STALKER modding
OnegRiot - for irl experience with exoskeletons
K.Cin - for playtesting and feedback
TDLemon - for RUS translation, feedback and new icons/world models
Grok-for new icons
Rezy for pointing out some fatal mistakes I made