Choose your heroes/villains and fight the free people of Middle-Earth. Both a 1-player and 2-player version. Enjoy
Unzip the .rar
Place the files(Evil Heroes Map 1 Player & Evil Heroes Map 2 Player) in you C(or D,E,F):/Users/(your name)/AppData/Roaming/My The Lord of the Rings, Rise of the Witch-king Files/Maps
You need Edain 4.4.1 to play.
How to play:
Read the description for the positions for each player
1 player version:
You can get a total of 5 heroes. You can select them by moving the orc soldiers to the area in which the hero is located.
You start with three heroes, but you can get two additional heroes by capturing the signal fires
2 player version:
Both players start with two heroes. Who ever captures the signal fire can get another hero. .
There are a total of 19 heroes. Most of the heroes have some different interesting abilities. Some of those abilities have been tweaked, like making some summons permanent. Some heroes are buffed to.
- Some areas are quite difficult. Saving in between area is adviced.
- The game doesnt end when all your heroes have been defeated. So you'll have to manualy restart/exit.
So new version available
- All the evil spellbooks have been completely reworked (new powers and/or edited powers) -> All the evil factions now have a heal in there spellbooks.
- A lot of heroes have been changed. Including: Mordor witch king, Ugluk, Gorkil, Castamir, Lich-King, Karsh, Gulzar, Shelob, Mouth of Sauron, Buhrdur(the troll) and Suladan
- Helm hammerhand has been nerfed a bit
- New hero replacing Durnmarth -> The hero has tweaked and special abilities
- For some heroes a ability might have a different effect but still the same Icon. Therefore I highly recommend to read descriptions carefully.
I'd also recommend playing with in-game music audio. Each area has its own music scripts
Also please report any bugs or problems you may find, thanks xD
20-5-19 Version 3 now Availabe:
- Fixed the bug where summoned heros would stay on the Hero bar after death
- Made all Spellbook power (and some hero) summons a lot easier to summon in all areas
- Made it so when you finish an area previously passed gates re-open so heroes that didnt enter can rejoin the group
- AI Ring heroes will no longer drop the One Ring, except the Heroes in the Lothlorien Area- Made the Gandalf boss fights a bit harder by giving or changing their personal buff they is in-game
- New spellbook power added (replaces Darkness): Trolls from the Dark Lord: summons an army of trolls depending if you are playing Mordor or Angmar: as Angmar summons Rogash along side multiple angmar beasts. As Mordor summons Mollok along side multiple Mordor Attack and drummer trolls
- Removed the Warg mount from Gothmog
- Gorbag now has two abilities: - Greed: Increases Gorbag's armour and damage by 50% and allows him to steal resources from defeated enemies for 20 seconds.- Bodyguards: summons 10 Cirith ungol pikemen around Gorbag that defend him and grant nearby allied heroes +15% armour and speed
- New spellbook power, replacing Arrow Volley -> Power of The Dark Lord - Power of the Dark Lord: Summons a small fire storm at the target area, continiously knockback enemies in the target area without dealing damage
- New spellbook power, replacing Shelob's summon as she is already a selectable hero - Terror of The Nine: Temporarily summons the Black Riders on their horses at the target area
- - Reduced the amount of Wildmen you get from the Wildmen Summon
- - Saruman of Many Colours -> Renamed 'Council of The Wise' - No longer a passive buff towards Saruman, instead it now functions as an active ability that temporarily grants targeted heroes +50% speed & armour and makes them recharge abilities 25% faster.
- - Freezing Rain removed -> Replaced with 'Devastation' - Devastation: Temporarily summons three giant Laborers that have a lot of Health and massive AOE knockback, but very low damage. Also gives allies complete knockback resistance
- - Reduced 'Fires of Isengard' damage towards allies by 50%
- - Driving Snow: Now decreases enemy damage by 25% as well as reducing enemy archers' attack speed and range by 50%
- - Frozen Land: Now decreases enemy armour and movement speed by 25% and leadership loss, also affects heroes now
- - Chill Wind removed -> Replaced with 'Army from The Hills' - Army from the Hills: Temporarily summons Hwaldar and two Bone Breakers at the target area. The Bone Breakers stay permamently on the battlefield after summoned but are limited to 4
Shelob: - Now has a new set of abilities:
- Palantir 1:
- - Level 1: Shelob's Offspring: Shelob can spawn different types of spiders to here, which will attack enemy units. At level 1 she permanently summons 8 small spiders. At level 5 she summons 2 giant spiders and 8 small spiders. At level 10 she also summons a broodmother, who automatically attacks nearby enemies and follows Shelob
- - Level 1: Web: Hit units are unable to move for 15 seconds. Can't be used on flying units
- - Level 3: Tremendous scream: Shelob's terrible cry frightens enemies in the area
- - Level 6: Spider Eggs: The giant spider plants spider eggs in the body of an enemy. After a certain period of time, the spiders hatch and attack all the enemies around
- - Level 8: Leap, jumps at target, dealing AOE damage
- Palantir 2:
- - Level 1: Light Eater: Shelob drags all the light nearby into herself to heal herself and to enable the use of her abilities (This ability allows her to use other abilites on this palantir bar
- - Level 1: Net made of darkness: Requires 'Light Eater' to be activated, Units in target area are 75% slower, are poisoned and lose 50% defense. Uses up the dragged light
- - Level 3: Incarnation of Darkness: Requires 'Light Eater' to be activated, Now Shelob is the entire and absolute incarnation of darkness. Through her cohere with the shadows she is able to be everywhere where the darkness is. Changes position to chosen location within seconds, units at the target are lose armour and speed and are knocked back. Uses up the dragged light
- - Level 5: Cocoon made of darkness: 'Light Eater' to be activated, Shelob weaves a impervious cocoon made of darkness Shelob and all units nearby are camouflaged and gain +75% defense Shelob's cocoon of darkness remains 1 minute Uses up the dragged light
- - Level 10: Devouring greed Shelob eats the light from nearby enemy units. To pretect herself from the light, she covers herself with dark energy. Shelob gains +50 armor, damage, speed and no crush deceleration for 30 seconds. Shelob has to be near hostile units
- - Uruk Medicin now affects all allied heroes
- - Hard march now also affects allied heroes, but now lasts only 25 seconds
- - Ugluk's personal heal from the ability "Bloodthirstiness" now doubles once he reaches level 10
- - Fixed Mauhur's Barrage ability and increased the health of all summoned Uruk Captains
- - Dark Swaths: Now reduces enemy armour by 15% and increases allied armour by 15%. When Karch reaches level 10 these modifiers increase to 25%
- - Greatly increased the damage of Whisper of Death
Helm Hammerhand: Reduced Helm's attack speed
- - Fixed his level 10 passive effect that affected his weapon
- - Fixed his leadership so it affects all allied units, also doubled the leadership range
- - Fixed (and slightly altered) his passive debuff, which now reduces enemy armour, damage and speed at level 1. At level 3, level 5, level 7 and level 10 these effects increase by 5%.
- - 'Weave of Darkness' now grants nearby allied units and heroes close to the teleported area +10% speed, armour and damage
- - Replaced the Dying Gull with a permanent Bill Ferny with custom abilities on his Level 10 summon
- - Bill Ferny has two abilites that unlock once he level up:
- - Level 4: Drunken Partner: Bill is Castamir's favorite drinking partner, upon activation all allied heroes gain triple speed for a short time
- - Level 8: Brawler: Bill is ready for a fight and chooses his opponent, for 1 minute the target enemy hero has -15% armour, damage and speed
- - Morgul Blade: Now spawns a Morgul Shadow instead of a Morgul Wraith
- - Fixed his 'Will of Dol Guldur' passive effect
- - Fixed his passive immunity to Magic, Fire, Poison and Ice damage
THIS IS AWESOME! All hail the Dark Lord :D
PRAISE MELKOR xD
Good day and thank you for your very interesting map.
Could please tell me if I do something wrong and in map for 1 player I can get only 3 heroes in the beginning?
Good day to you as well :P
The 1 player version has only 5 heroes in total, with 3 starting ones. For difficulty companseation the 1p version has better hero stats and less units in some waves and enemy heroes are weaker than the 2p version
A ok thank you very much for your answer. My mistake, I thought we would begin with 5 heroes.
Oh my God this soooo hard hahaha love it. But to be honest I would be thrilled if it was with Good heroes and evil opponents :)
I only made it until Hammerhand....
What is wrong with me??? Hahahaha
Who are these Overlord and Lich King guys??? Pretty awesome but never heard of them again :) :) :)
The overlord and Lich king are characters from other games that the Edain team added. And I just uploaded a new version where Helm is a bit weaker ;). Thanks for playing!
What a great map ;=}
Thanks, glad you enjoyed:)
hello, i've installed edain mod 4.4.1 but i can't find anywhere a map about hero duels using the one ring, something similar that i've seen on videos of 3.8 version. Any help pls if there's anything available.. thanks!!!
Will there ever be a good guys version ?
Awesome map, but to waste all that time to get to a hero that keeps smacking me in the air is extreme cheese. He attacked so fast I couldn't even get an attack off, wulfgars face never goes away when he dies, which doesn't allow you to control all heroes because his face takes up all the hero slots.
Fun mod, but to lose at rohan because of some ridiculous custom hero with super smash is the worst. Not to mention couldn't summon hordes of isengard because the hills mess with all the spells.
Great mod, ruined by some silly stuff man.
Thanks for taking your time to play the map and your feedback, I truly appreciate it.
After a long time I decided to take another look at the map. Over the time I've improved my coding and thus I can do and fix many bugs that used to be a problem.
I just uploaded a new version which fixes many bugs and problems as well as (hopefully) make a lot of Spellbook powers and heroes more useful. All changes are listed in the updated description.
I hope you are willing to play the map again and provide more feedback, as its always welcome.
Omg friend and I just beat the 2 player map together!! Gotta say - SUPER awesome map. Can't believe how much work must have gone into this TiberiumLeader. Took us four tries and we spent so many hours playing! No idea how anyone is supposed to ever actually beat it, but we ended up succeeding through accidental/silly means:
One of us was Dwarves, the other Isengard. Our heros were Lich King, Overlord, Witch King (not Angmar one), uhh I forget the guy's name but the shadowy dude across from Shelob in the selection area, and both Sarumans. By the time we beat Rivendell, we had lost Lich King, and then my friend forgot to bring Witch King into the area with Men of Dale, so we were down two heroes after the gate closed. Even with that, we were able to make it all the way to Helm Hammerhand who DESTROYED our remaining four heroes - we had no hope.
.... But, surprise, the Witch King was still alive, trapped behind that gate from earlier. So we spent the remainder of the entire game just using all of our summonings to win. Witch king could even summon two Nazgul that would fly over the whole map to help out.
Can't imagine 6 heroes ever surviving the whole fight in Lothlorien though. Round after round of impossible battles, like 4 Istari, that we could only win by waiting for our ability cooldowns to reset so we could summon more things. Illuvitar looked awesome - I think that's what who ever wins the Game of Thrones will evolve into haha. We beat "her" by essentially summoning the Dwarven Fortress in the bottom of the Lothlorien map and hitting her with the mounted catapult. She wouldn't attack back (or move), so it kept her "in combat" permanently which meant she wouldn't heal while our other summonings recharged.
So it was a long two and a half hour game, but in the end the Witch King won as the sole survivor of all evil.
Great fun! Thanks again!
Has anyone else ever beat this the normal way? (Actually using your heroes?) It seems absolutely impossible at about the third round of Lothlorien, and only gets worse from there (and that's if you can even get past Helm Hammerhand at Rohan! The summons took care of him pretty quick though, so if you hide your heros at the bottom of Rohan and use Wild Hillman and Warg Rider summons and junk, I'm sure you could take him without losing heroes).
Glad you enjoyed the map. I just updated in which I have fixed many bugs and problems including the one where heroes can be left behind sometimes. Also Helm is slightly weaker. I will say that I'd strongly recommend to use the Evil faction more as their spellbooks have been specifically designed for this map.
Thanks again for playing!
This comment is currently awaiting admin approval, join now to view.
it does not works 4.5 :(
Können sie es für 4.5 rausbringen?