Since Raven is no longer actively supporting Elite Force with patches, the community itself has to make that step and improve Elite Force a little. This modification fixes some bugs in the GUI of Elite Force. It's not ment to fix bugs in the gameplay since this results in patching servers as well. This is only ment to be a client side patch. These are the major fixes done by this patch: - Maximum loadable maps now 2000 (was 64) - Search function in map menu - Tournament gametype selectable - Maximum loadable models now 2000 (was 256) - Cached gameserver list.
EF LCARS PATCH 1.30
Since Raven is no longer actively supporting Elite Force with
patches, the community itself has to make that step and improve
Elite Force a little.
This modification fixes some bugs in the GUI of Elite Force. It's
not ment to fix bugs in the gameplay since this results in patching
servers as well. This is only ment to be a client side patch.
These are the major fixes done by this patch:
- Maximum loadable maps now 2000 (was 64).
- Search function in map menu.
- Tournament gametype selectable.
- Maximum loadable models now 2000 (was 256).
- Cached gameserver list.
If you open a server, be sure to make it unpure, so client don't
need to have this patch installed to connect to your server.
- Max. 2000 maps are loaded (was 64).
- You can search for maps. Maps that match the search term in their
map filename or description are then only shown.
- The amount of maps shown each page is increased to 9 (was 4).
- The navigation bar under the maps shows the following values:
- left: maps found (for search term/gametype).
- middle (after map name): Index of selected map in list.
- right: Amount of all available maps.
- The gametypes FFA and Tourney show always all available maps.
- The map preview thumbnail contains the map name + its filename.
- The menu to create a server allowes the selection of the gametype
- The maximum models loadable is increased to 2000 models (the
maximum was 256 models).
- The public server list is cached. It will be loaded everytime
you start EF or disconnect from a server. So you don't have to
request the server list from the master server everytime you
enter the server menu.
- If the highlighted map in the server list is unknown/not
installed, the standard picture (EF sign) will appear instead of
the simple "black hole".
- When opening a server you can set also the MOTD (Message Of The
Day). This message appears to every connecting client while the
map loads. It will show up under the map name.
Please remember: Opening a server with this modification forces
clients to install this also to be able to connect!
- The serverlist can contain now more then 128 servers: The maximum
now is 256.
- The servernames are now case sensitiv.
- The complete line of a servername is now in the color of the
estimated connection quality:
- Green: Low Ping, accurate gameplay.
- Yellow: Medium Ping, bad for sniping.
- Red: High Ping, gameplay is mostly useless (if server is not
- Dead server pings are also shown in the list.
- Modifications are assigned to the gametype
- Welcome-Screen shows "LCARS HOLOMATCH CONSOLE" and the version
of the modification.
- On the bottom on all screens you see "ST:V HM v1.20 LCARS 1.nn"
where nn is the current version
- Example search terms:
"station" > find stationed themed maps, like CTF VOY1
"dm" > find Q3A converted deathmatch maps.
"q3" > find Q3A converted maps (deathmatch + CTF)
"ctf" > show CTF maps.
"voy" > show Voyager themed maps.
"bor" > show Borg themed maps.
"pad" > show Pad-Maps (like Pad-Kitchen).
16.12.2001 LCARS V1.21
* First release...
04.03.2002 LCARS V1.22
* Show servers with failed ping
* Servernames now case sensitiv
* Mods are assigned to gametype
* Maximum server 128 -> 256
* UDP Display deleted
* Connection quality colors now over complete server line
* Max. maps in selection now 1024
* Maps are listed with its filename and name
04.03.2002 LCARS V1.23
* Now REALLY maximum Maps is set to 1024 :-/
22.05.2009 LCARS V1.30
* Map selection:
* Search filter
* Maximum maps 2000 (was 1024).
* Maps per page: 9 (was 4).
* Navigationbar: Shows counter maps found, maps overall.
* Navigationbar: Shows index of map selected
* Use tiny font for solomatch map thumbnail.
* Maximum models: 2000 (was 256).
* Fixed color font deletion
* Ping <= 80 green colored.
HOW TO INSTALL
* First of all: You need the installed Patch 1.20 or the Expansion
Pack. This won't work with EF 0.28, EF 1.10!
* Extract the ZIP-File contents into your Elite-Force root directory,
like "C:\STVOY", NOT the baseef-Folder!
After that you should have a folder named "ef patch" and a batch
file named RUNPATCH.BAT.
HOW TO RUN
* There are three ways to run this modification:
1. Start Elite Force Holomatch as usual and activate the
modification in the MOD list.
The entry is called "EF LCARS [version]".
2. Run Elite Force Holomatch from the command prompt by typing:
"stvoyhm +set fs game ef patch"
Be shure you are in the root folder of your Elite Force
installation (like for example "C:\STVOY").
3. ...or just start the installed batch file in the game folder:
Well, I hope you like this little modification. If you have
suggestions or a bug to report, please don't hesitate to contact
me via this email address:
To get the latest version of this modification or check out my
other projects (IN2TAGIB, Maps) visit my site:
PROGRAMMED BY LT. CMDR. SALINGA