Introduces nighttime attacks by nocturnal mutants. -- After sunset, these mutants leave their lairs and start roaming around the map, hunting, and inevitably get attracted to and attack human settlements, bases, passersby on roads, near tunnels, etc. -- This is 'likely' to happen each night, as long as it is dark outside. -- The danger lasts the whole night, manifesting in up to two waves of nocturnal mutants in the current map. --- The name should indicate that it functions on a similar concept like the "Dynamic Objects" addon, and that it doesn't modify the spawn system in Anomaly.
During the whole night, it is very likely that around a hundred nocturnal mutants will roam the area.
They will also be attracted to and attack bases, settlements, ambush passersby on roads, near tunnels...
They will retreat with the first light, and the area will become safer again.
- And are likely to come again the following night. - So better plan out and maximize your activities during the day.
Well-fortified and defended bases like Rostok will show their strengths, while outdoors checkpoints and poorly-protected places like the Rookie Village will be severely more dangerous to be in.
You'll want to be very high up or behind some thick walls while the night lasts. -- Nowhere else is safe.
- And even more so, after a week or two, when the chimeras start roaming around.
Whatever you do, do NOT be caught roaming outdoors after sunset.
- At the very least, huddle up somewhere, and wait for the dawn. For them to go away.
"Creatures of the night": - Chimera, Lurker, Bloodsucker, Zombies, Fracture, Tushkanos, Rats.
( - First three are nighttime predators, -- Zomb/Frac are for "creepy nights". )
Expect: - swarms of rodents, up to: 2-3 bloodsuckers, 2 lurkers, chimera(+lurker/s), 2-5 zombies, fractures...
(- Snorks, Burers, Controllers, Geists, Karlik, Giant, dogs, cats - are not included in this addon. Let them sleep.)
The STRENGTH of the ATTACKS can be set at any time through the slider in SETTINGS - ZONE - GENERAL.
- From 0 to 100 (%). - At 0, this addon is effectively disabled.
-- This should accommodate all preferences.
With the slider at 100, expect hundreds of nocturnal mutants.
- for those looking for the 'extreme', this addon can easily go beyond and provide thousands of mutants. There's no limit, actually.
( It can also be removed at any moment, without issues. Although, that is superflouos now. )
NOTE: 'Teleport Anomalies', 'Dynamic Mutants', 'Dynamic NOCTURNAL Mutants', 'Dynamic Objects' - are all compatible with each other.
- You can safely overwrite any shared files.
NOTE: In the first week or two, Chimeras won't be a part of the attacks. After that...
( NOCTURNAL_MUTANTS can only show up in 25m-750m radius around the Player. )
- 1462 carefully selected ("custom") positions for Nocturnal mutants to show up on, on all 24 aboveground maps.
I spent a great deal of additional effort to optimize the performance on all these maps.
Enjoy it fully. -- I can recommend this addon wholeheartedly.
I had many, many unforgettable experiences during the development and testing of this addon.
(- Am fond of horror experiences, excitement, adrenaline rush... This provided far more than I even hoped for.)
Going as a regular stalker is bound to provide even more impactful days and nights.
The Zone will never be the same again. -- I am certain that I've created an 'absolute must have' gem here. No doubt.
- this should resolve the "376: attempt to index local 'sender' (a nil value)" issue.
( -- don't have Anomaly, but these few days I am still monitoring the comment section for issues.)
That error could have occurred when the script can't find a NPC to post message from. (- Example: some underground maps).
- Now, in those few instances, it won't post anything.
- resolved the issue of noct_mutants not showing up on localizations other than ENG
- added messages (84)(four types) that will be posted by stalkers on the PDA network, all related to the nocturnal mutants. -- in ENG and RUS language.
-- within the hour before sunset
-- when nocturnal mutants are spotted, (within the first 1-6 minutes)
-- within 12-44 minutes after
-- other related messages, throughout the night
I' write suitable messages when I get the inspiration for something good.
- At the same time, it is undeniable that 50-100 stalkers out there could write many more messages, all resulting in a much more varied style/tone.
( 300+ available messages in the roster would be best. )
For anyone who wants to contribute by writing additional messages, the files are in \gamedata\configs\text\, eng and rus, "___dynamic_nocturnal_mutants_msg.xml"
Add other languages also.
Guidelines for messages: - appropriate for the four situations, with slavic undertones, good/great ones.
Read this post on Anomaly discord:
Anyone skilled enough can write/create other translations, and you can share them among yourselves.
- Someone can even improve upon the RUS grammar/translation file and share it with others.
I will be away from Stalker for a while. Months. -- Enjoy all the addons.
- I've put a lot of effort in them. -- And it's all worth it in the end.
It is all for the Stalker community.
- resolved the garbled rus text
- made the addon more 'resilient'.
(-- if the 'ui_options.script' gets overwritten or is missing, (as in U4H8), it will simply load the default relevant values)