A 3rd-person hack-and-slash modification for Crysis in the vein of games like Dungeon Siege and Diablo.
A singleplayer RPG modification for Crysis.
-by Valentine '9of9' Kozin
DungeonCrysis is a singleplayer modification that aims to bring some elements of the point-and-click, hack-and-slash tradition to Crysis - in the vein of games such as Dungeon Siege and Diablo (or, what Space Siege should have been).
The mod started out as a small project I first intended to release over the Christmas break - at first no more than a proof of concept. However, realising how much fun the game was, I decided to put some effort into it and try and deliver a polished, more or less complete mod =)
- Beautiful, varied environments.
- All-new protagonist.
- Cinematic, comic-book style cutscenes.
- Third-person combat.
- Point-and-click inventory management.
- Achievements and unlockables!
- And more!
1] Unpack the .rar in your Crysis root folder.
2] Create a new shortcut to your Crysis .exe of choice, open the link's Properties and edit the target so it reads 'Crysis.exe" -mod DSMod' at the end.
3] Run the shortcut and start a new game!
4] Choose a difficulty and you're off. 'Hard' usually provides a good, challenging middle-ground for this mod.
- Left-click to tell the Player-Character (PC) where to move, pick up an item or interact with an object in the world.
- Right-click and hold on an object to make PC shoot at it until you let go of the right mouse-button.
- Hold the spacebar and the right mouse-button at the same time to make the PC shoot wherever your mouse is pointing.
- Press 'C' to open the Character and Inventory screen. Left-click and drag items between Moriarte's equipment slots and backpack.
- Pressing '1' and '2' on the keyboard allows to quickly switch between primary and secondary weapons.
- Make sure to pick up weapons that the enemy drops!
- Some crates hide health-packs, these are very useful - but rare.
- Look out for hidden swords throughout the game.
There are three achievements in the game:
-Past the finish line
For completing the game.
For picking up one of every weapon in the mod.
For finding all seven hidden swords.
Each achievement rewards you with a bonus item in your inventory on subsequent playthroughs.
DungeonCrysis is built entirely using the Flowgraph system of CryEngine 2. As such, there are a few bugs and issues that might pop up here and there!
-IT IS VITALLY IMPORTANT to ensure you have a good, smooth framerate. The worse your framerate, the weirder and more frequent the glitches you might encounter will be. DungeonCrysis has been made to run and look great on specs from Medium to Very High.
-If you change your screen resolution in mid-game, press the keys 'Z' and 'P' simultaneously to reset the camera. Also helps if the camera starts behaving strangely.
-Quick-saving and loading currently has some issues with it. In short - don't. The mod isn't that long and there are routinely-placed respawn points all over the place =)
All original content in this mod is copyright of Valentine '9of9' Kozin and cannot be reproduced anywhere else without his permission!