You can become the cowboy now! Here's a revolver for you that's capable of popping heads right open! Sometimes replaces the shotgun spawn, slot 2.
Here's probaby the best revolver for Brutal Doom you'll have the opportunity to use! It's pretty much a pocket sniper rifle capable of popping those zombie heads right open.
The primary fire just fires a shot with a long trigger pull.
The alt fire, obviously, allows you to fire it faster at the cost of accuracy.
During reloads, each revolver bullet consumes 4 pistol bullets, so a full single reload would cost you 24 bullets.
Once you obtain a second revolver, you can dual wield it!
It sometimes replaces a spawned shotgun on the ground.
If you're impatient, you can summon it by typing "Summon Revolver". If you want dual revolvers, just summon it again.
Unzip the downloaded .zip file, and put the .pk3 file after brutal Doom in your load order.
This addon replaces Brutal Doom's revolver, I have no idea how well will that work but it should cause no issues with vanilla and my personalized addon.
If you want to use it in your mod or other things like that, ask me for permission first. I will not tolerate using my work without notifying me or me knowing.
Now, here are the credits:
- DoomNukem, Carbine Dioxide - revolver
- Galdoc - speed loader, casings, rotating revolver's cylinder and spriting advice
- Sechtera - flash on the gun during firing
- Sergeant_Mark_IV, typicalSF, Acclaim Entertainment and Probe Entertainment - muzzle flashes
- Minor changes to make it more compatible with the upcoming Personalized Addon's feature.
- Added the 'inventory.althudicon' property to work properly with Gearbox addon.
- Added a new file that includes compability with my Personalized Addon.
- Reverted the ammo and damage changes because the revolver felt weak :c
- The revolver now deals 98 damage and consumes 3 pistol bullets for each 1 revolver bullet.
- Dual wielding has been tweaked.
You can fire it way faster now and by tapping mouse 1 the revolvers will still be very accurate. If you choose to hold the fire button their accuracy will be reduced.
After a long wait, the option to dual wield them is finally here!
The recoil might seem tricky at first, as it's quite strong and wobbly. If you practice it you'll be able to fire accurate shots, as those weapons seem to stay rather accurate even when dual wield!