This is a large outdoor map for Sven Coop. Conquer the castle! Kill the king!
What is this map about?
It is a simple fighting map. Players must conquer a castle that is laid somewhere in the desert. A direct attack on the castle is suicide. Instead players must fight their way through the desert and capture outposts before they can attack the castle itself. The ultimate goal is to drive the king out of his castle and to kill him.
This is a simple fighting map without puzzles or jump&run sequences. However simple does not mean easy. There are lots of enemies and players are not well equipped. They can choose between two classes and each classes has is advantages and disadvantages. Players must coop using both classes to succeed.
- Instructions are given everytime you respawn.
- Supplycrates can be found at important tactical positions for health and ammo. Use them!
- Flags must be captured by looking at them and holding down USE.
- In the castle the doors can be opened and ladders can be put up to make more entrances.
- The difficulty of this map should adjust to the playercount but it may not be perfectly balanced.
This map is a big desert with no whatsoever visblocking and total freedom of movement. Some said that this layout is impossible in the HL-engine but I think this map proofs them wrong. w_polys are between 300 and 800 most of the time. e_poly range around 20000 and 30000 depending on the playercount. Note that this map uses detailtextures. Activate them to make the map look much better!