Version 3.0 of the Crimson Tide mod by Magus. Changes include tweaks to blood, snow, sand and dirt. See File Details for more info.
(medeival combat is just filthy)
Features in 3.0
-improved and revised blood, sand, snow, and dirt
-updated descr_geography_new.db to be more compatible with the addition of snow to the game
-the descr_geography_new.db includes lusted's battle map fixes.
-blood is just a little bit cooler.
Features for 2.5
- Implemented SNOW and SAND overlay textures that are only applied when the soldiers are in that specific climate.
- made the blood a little bit lighter
-slightly altered the mud overlays so the second level is toned down a bit.
NOTE: (if you are using a mod that alters the descr_geography_new.db, this will overwrite it, I used that file in order to specify when to use the different textures for the different climates, it is a relativley simple adjustment that I had made so if you would like me to make CRIMSON TIDE compatible with a mod that uses the descr_geography_new.db
please PM me with your file and I will make the adjustments.
Features for 2.0
- Completley redone Hi-Res Textures, so you can see the drips and splats alot better
- Dirt and blood no longer has that 'pixelated effect' on the previous version.
- The rate at which soldiers get dirty has been altered so at the start of combat they are releteviley clean, while further in to battle the muck and blood starts to cake on.
Note: (Soldiers riding horses appear to get a little dirtier than soldiers on the ground, not sure why the game does this but I havn't managed to change it)
- redone the graphics and physics for the blood spurts when a soldier is hit by
Features 1.0 :
-All new blood and dirt textures for your grim pleasure.
-The blood is a deeper, richer red color that will make your cringe.
-Blood and dirt now appear to splatter and drip off of the soldiers.
-Mud and dirt will muck up your soldier's boots, shields and helmets.
-Completley compatible with every mod (almost)
simply drop all the included files into the /data folder of the mod of your choice and let it overwrite!
Please feel free to use in your mod, just give me credit for my work and I won't breaka u face.
as always any feedback is appreciated, it will help me make the mod better and better, thanks everyone!
ENJOY!! (pics below)