An addon made for testing purposes regarding the crafting system for Anomaly. Even it goes well then it will be a full addon.
Crafting and Repair Overhaul (With Mobile Workbench)
Version: 1.09 8/17/2020
The point of this addon is simple; to improve how the crafting system works in Anomaly. At this point it is merely in testers state as I shall call it. So in short, this addon is incomplete. The more testers the better the results, or at least that's the hope. Anyhow, I need some people to test this to see if they notice any difference from this addon. What is better or worse, what needs to be worked on, and what direction it should go towards. It isn't intended as a perfect fix as that is a lot easier said than done but hopefully it provides a little bit more reason to actually craft some, even if its just some basic stuff. On a side note, I may add outfits and weapons for possible crafting items in the future. But I'll see about that. Anyhow, please do give your feedback and tell me any suggestions you may have. constructive or non-constructive criticism is welcome. I just might have some smart ass comment if it isn't constructive to fire back ; )
In addition, the running log of updates could be considered a running log of new features as well. Once I feel that the addon is in a good state I will be releasing it as a separate addon where it is denoted as a completed addon no longer in a testing state.
- Massive adjustments to what is needed and how much to almost every item that can be crafted in the game. Some are easier, some are harder, while others have been balanced out.
- Added a few new items for crafting including some guns and armor. They have their own recipes for them which can be bought from Mechanics.
- Added Helmets to the list of items with parts which can be repaired now.
- Added a few guns to the list of items with parts which include the RPD, the Gauss Rifle, RG-6, and the Protecta. In addition the Gauss Rifle can be repaired using the lubricants now (similar to other Snipers).
- added alternate medical recipes that require mutant parts to make.
- Added empty Syringe and some basic crafting materials to Medics and Mechanics respectfully.
- Added a lot of crafting items to the dynamic item spawns as well as adjusted the appearance rate of some of them. So now you will find more of these items sitting about randomly in the environment.
- Adjusted the durability requirements of some of the repair items that are used for repairing parts.
- Added A working Mobile Workshop that does everything the normal workshop can do but can be taken on the fly (No longer have to pay to use the workshop). Thanks again Acemax for the great work on that feature!
- Added an optional file that increases the amount of uses for ALL repair items to make them last longer.
- Added recipes for sell for mechanics. You can unlock more with more toolkits turned in.
- Made ammo more bearable now! For 15 ammo you get 15 ammo. No more getting less than you put in!
- Possibly some adjustments to the UI of the workshop.
- Possible adjustment of max number of items that a item can use to be crafted.
- Adding more guns and possibly recipes for faction armors!
- Adjustments to the prices of ALL items for a better balanced economy.
- Visible guides for the PDA crafting list.
- Some economy changes to better suit the crafting system.
- And anything else that may come across my path that may be important to add.
Update 1.09 (8/17/2020)
- Adjusted the apperance of the craft file so now it is nicer to look at.
- Adjusted a few items and what recipes they need (Or don't need).
- Added an optional file to make the toolkits for weapon repairs cheaper. This also effects the number of uses (Similar to the more use file). Because of these changes the items have had slight increases to weight. Take note, this only effects the workshop compatible ones NOT the other repair kits.
Update 1.08 (8/09/2020)
- Finally in a "Stable" enough stage that I will happily say that it is out of the testing phase! That DOES NOT mean that I wont be adding new things or improving I just feel that the testing is no longer needed.
- Added Guns and Armors to the crafting menu as their own sub categories.
- Added recipes for both guns and armor. As of right now they are ONLY gotten from buying them from mechanics. I will be adding them to the death item list as well as to possible random dynamic spawn list!
Quick Fix 1.07 (8/03/2020)
- Added the missing Workshop ui file so NOW the workshop should not close when you craft items!
Update 1.07 (8/02/2020)
- Added a few of the rifles to the parts list meaning they can now be repaired using parts. These Include The RPD, The Gauss Rifle, RG-6, and the Protecta.(May later include the Rpg7 but I haven't decided upon that yet).
- Added MOST helmets to the repair list so that they can be repaired now using parts. (Thanks to Acemax again for that lovely feature! He did the leg work i just implemented it).
- Changed the workshop so that it doesn't close when you make something.
- Adjusted the disassembly feature so that it will give you all parts! (As a side note I thank pasha11c for this idea! Hopefully he doesn't mind that I took his concept and added here but anyhow, thank him for this feature)!
- Adjusted the values of the Many More Uses file so that some are lower and some have more. Reduced the degrade factor of the Leatherman tool by a little. (From 0.025 to 0.015)
- Gauss Rifle has the ability to be repaired with items outside of the workshop. So now you can use cleaning items on them!
- Added Guns and armors to the list of items that can be crafted. This is still in the testing/balance phase however.
- I'm really looking for feedback on this aspect especially for balancing reasons. The items required by these weapons are not necessarily the final items needed and if I can expand the ui of the workshop then I may be able to add ALL of the parts of weapons and armors for their crafting.
- Also take note that I have a very limited number of weapons and armors included as of thus far. If people like this feature then I will expand it further to include their own recipes and even their own tab in the workshop menu. As of right now they use the basic recipes and are included inside of the equipment section of the crafting menu. Again, I would love to add their own section but I don't want to do that if people are not crazy about this idea. That would just be a big waste of my time for something that I would be removing.
- Finally, as stated before I would love feedback on this particular feature, good or bad. I have a few more little adjustments I want to make before this addon leaves the beta and enters the Full addon list but I'm kind of waiting for the next major update for anomaly before I get around to that.
Update 1.06 (7/27/2020)
- Added the Empty Syringe item to the medics inventory.
- Added two bio drugs to the medical crafting items.
- Added alternate versions of a number of medical supplies which now require mutant parts to make. You still have the old versions but now you have the mutant parts versions as well. I used mutant parts which made sense as far as the descriptions are concerned so for example; the boars leg states that it could be used for anti radiation purposes. So Antirad items can be made using this mutant part instead.
Update 1.05 Quick Fix (7/22/2020)
- Fixed an issue regarding the many more uses file in the optional folder. It should work now!
Update 1.05 (7/21/2020)
- Readjusted the Mobile Workshop so that it no longer has uses or durability. It will now have infinite uses. The fact that you need the toolkits in order to use it was enough of a drawback for the item.
- Adjusted the items needed for top tier tech items such as the night visions 2 & 3 and the detectors. If these changes seem absurd or strange and you have a better idea then please send it my way!
- Adjusted a few of the values of the dynamic item spawns to make a few items more common and a few more rare.
Update 1.04 (7/09/2020)
- Added in a mobile workbench (Thanks to Acemax for making it work!) that actually works! It will do anything that a normal work bench does. However, it has a certain amount of charges attached to it (30 as of right now) and costs 35,000 to buy from a mechanic.
- Take note there are 2 problems with it as of right now that I'm trying to find a solution to.
- First is that the item will use a charge when you open the item and not when you actually craft something. So you could open the item but If you don't make something it will still take that charge away.
- Fixed the Mechanics so they actually sell the recipes as they should.
Again, I hope to address these two issues as well as some other things that people have brought to my attention but as of right now I wanted to get this out there for those who have been looking forward to such a feature. I would also like to thank Acemax who did the heavy lifting to get this mobile workbench working. So make sure to give him a big thanks for the help!
Update 1.031 (6/21/2020)
- Fixed an issue where the items folder was inside of settings. It should now be where it properly goes!
Update 1.03 (6/21/2020)
- Added Recipes for Sell from the mechanics as part of the optional file mentioned below. This DOES NOT include the cooking recipe. In addition higher level recipes are unlocked when you turn in more toolkits.
- Adjusted a few more items and what they need to be crafted.
- Adjusted the minimum repair amount for a few items. Now these items can repair lower quality parts (3% to be exact) than before.
- Adjusted all of the upgrade modules and the items needed for them.
- Added parts for sell as an optional file for the mechanics. They will now sell all parts. However, some parts are less common than others. Mostly just the barrels. Parts will also unlock the more kits you give them.
- Adjusted The Toolkits and the items needed to make them so they aren't as easy as they were to make.
Update 1.02 (6/03/2020)
- Reduced a few more items needed for a few things such as the headlamp and some of the repair kits.
- Added the Basic, Advanced, and Expert kits as possible craftable items.
Update 1.01 (5/29/2020)
- Added recipes as well as upgrade modules as possible items to find in the dynamic item spawn.
- Adjusted a few more items and how many items they need.
- Adjusted ALL ammo so that they take the same amount of ammo to make as they give you.
- Moved The extra repair item usage to an optional file now.