A Free for All map by Hiddenspy. www.HiddensGC.com
=== Bramble Gambol ===
This map is all about jumping from obstacle to obstacle until you reach the finish! Some courses are easy (1 star) while others are tough (5 star), and all courses have been tested and accomplished, so none are impossible. This is both a FFA fun based map, and a Duel platform based map.
General Rules & Guidelines
- Jetpack, grapple, and amknockmedown are not allowed when doing any of the courses. If you do use them at any point it's considered cheating and you must redo the course.
- To do each course perfectly, avoid the edges of the auto-push barrels, and avoid any glitches or cheats that may be discovered.
How To Play
- Jump on the ledge that's in front of the sign at the start of each course.
- Put your back against the glass.
- Proceed when ready and do not fall into the pit below while making your way to the end of the course.
- Covered brown barrels are manual momentum jumping barrels. You cannot stay on theses barrels for more then one second before they fall. Move fast! Sometimes these are spread over long distances, so gain momentum to conquer that distance.
- Blue covered barrels continually move on a course.
- Red covered barrels take off once you land on them.
- Open barrels auto push you and require manual direction and speed changing with controls while in air. These will automatically push you in the general direction of the next barrel. They are rarely dead-on, so you must use the arrows keys to help guide your air travel distance and direction. In some courses you will see these barrel types colored. Those are meant to guide the player. Red barrels are ones that shoot fast, while blue are ones shoot you slower.
- Green wood circles found in Snake Dance (#2) are deadly. Do not get pushed into them or you will die.
- Other obstacles you will come in contact with are mostly self explanatory. E-Mail creator or stop by the server found on website to see these courses done in real time or to ask questions.
#1 - Easy Beans - * - This course is a good one for starters! Easiest course in the map!
#2 - Snake Dance - **** - Go through the snakes, but don't touch the sides or be bit!
#3 - Trio Trouble - *** - All kinds of barrels, and no stopping to think!
#4 - Tangled Tower - ** - Get to the top without getting crushed!
#5 - Death's Grip - ***** - Hardest course in the map, can you do it?
#6 - Hidden's Revenge - **** - Super long jump! Don't over jump the goal!!!
#7 - Smoke n' Mirrors - *** - Keeping moving or be left behind!
#8 - Hatred's Despair - ** - Time it out and move out!
#9 - All or Nothing - *** - Get them all right, or fail, it's your skill's choice.
#10 - Dizzy Daisy - **** - Here, there, everywhere! Glide into the glass for the win!
How to Install
Put BrambleGambol.pk3 file in your base folder.
I got inspiration for this map from Bramble Scramble which is a level in Donkey Kong 2: Diddy Kong's Quest. Besides some of the basic features like vines and barrels found in the DK2 level everything else is out of my imagination.
DATES & NOTES
Released: August 1st 2009
Started: July 13th 2009
Note - Few breaks while real life stuff was going on.
Note - Temporarily stopped EH map construction in order to follow Bramble map idea.
This is a published map. I do not give permission to borrow any textures or otherwise material that I've personally created. If you need to know what I specifically created by 'scratch' E-Mail me.
I am only publishing this map because of the request for maps of this sort. If you enjoy Bramble Gambol let me know (I always enjoy hearing feedback) and that may inspire me to release my future creations as well.
- Landing on sides of the auto-push barrels could be considered a bug, although generally it's allowed but considered an imperfect run at the course. Perfect runs are flawless.
- The sky is not perfect because of what shaders and sky portals are incapable of.
- Some barrels might not look right and vines too. It's possible to fix, but time taken is not worth the minor difference of look. This is just a fun based map anyways.
THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY ACTIVISION, RAVEN, OR LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC. ELEMENTS TM & Â© LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC AND/OR ITS LICENSORS.