Completely redone skills for all classes. There was a b4 but it was never completed.
This is basically a list of features that are in the current public version. And a sampling of what the mod will be when I get B4 out, there are a few factors I haven't exactly decided on for what will be in B4, for instance It may only progress up to A2 (I don't have a lot of monsters in currently). I'll try to update this as I know I haven't been doing that as often as I should over the years and its caused a lot of confusion.Features in current public B3.5 (old and not representative of upcoming versions)
- Completely redone skills for:
- Completely redone all mercs
- Class items for all the completed classes
- Redone GUI/splash screens (graphics and stuff)
Features slated for B4 (currently in testing/implementing stages)
- Fully redone skills for all 7 characters.
- Introduce a multi-tier Class System, complete with Sub-Classing.
This includes 4 shared Base Classes, and 8 Advanced Classes (4 shared, 4 unique).
- Due to Class System, there are 68 shared skills (on all chars), and 48 unique skills per character based off there racial advanced classes.
- All 4 stats have been rebalanced and no longer function like they did in original D2.
- rebalancing of AC and AR, now a base attack rating (BAR) progression based off the primary 'Base Class' choice.
- Complete rebalancing of damage and health in skills and items.
- All characters now have a base of 1k hp that doesn't progress with lvl or vit (vit increases DR/MDR instead of HP). A passive and some items can increase HP however, fighters get +bonus hp as well.
- Completely redone armor system, new stats on armor such as 'Armor Defense Rating' and a weight to determine the class of armor your wearing (light, medium or heavy). A renaming of block to deflection and a new stat on shields 'Block Rating' to give out +dr. Class profs determine how effective the ADR and BR are (half values for classes that aren't proficient).
- All old monsters have been removed and replaced with newer ones based off all the changes, and have "improved monster AI". All in an attempt to make the game difficult not in stats (like high HP) but in how the monsters act, in hopes the player has to 'pay attention' and keep alert to survive. Important bosses, however do get a butt load of HP - otherwise fights over to quick and its just kind of a let down =P
Current goal for B4 (4th release) is basically ensuring I have all 7 chars done, and have all the base item/game balance stuff in and working properly. Once I do and its out publicly I'll be able to work on maps, and story - and monsters based off story/area (instead of just randomly spawned around a linear world ala D2). Things I want want to get in for B5-ish
- Completely re-work every act, not only in how its layout is, but by also adding in completely new areas/zones along with redoing the entire story. Should have completely 'new' quests to accompany a new story (or multiple stories). Also should have a bunch of sub-quests that may, or may not be directly related to any major plots. (not exactly the best story teller so don't expect anything amazing, story wise - though I might get some help on the writing, least in overall plot design).
- Game progression (area to area) planned to be like that of the infinity games. Good example of this is Baldur's Gate 2. Instead of having a tiny little town/mock city that you run out from in a linear path (always 'moving forward'), you have a larger central city (think multiple maps, or a very large map) where you 'travel to locations' (fast travel using the WP system). WP will be activated prior to you being to the area, which is how you quickly travel there to explore around to find whatever it is you where sent to find/do.
- Quest to be primary advancement in char levels. All quest will give out EXP/Gold, some may also give other things as they do in original D2. The idea here is to make it so monster killing only makes up about 20% of your level advancement (unless you really just go out of your way to kill a lot of stuff over and over, but it'll be slower then questing).
- Use generalized tiles for A1, 2, 4 and 5 made by volf and moving the A3 palette to all other acts. I've decided to do this to allow me to mix tiles as I see fit regardless of the act there in.
- I also want to add 'static uniques' for each boss that can ONLY be dropped BY them (examples from D1 would be butcher/skel king)