This mod adds eight unique grimoires, one for each school of magic: alteration, conjuration, destruction, illusion, mysticism, and restoration, as well as two special ones. The Dwemer grimoire is related to enchanting, and the necromancer's grimoire has a special effect.
This mod adds eight unique grimoires, one for each school of magic: alteration, conjuration, destruction, illusion, mysticism, and restoration, as well as two special ones.
The Dwemer grimoire is related to enchanting, and the necromancer's grimoire has a special effect.
Each one has a unique cover and icons, and are colored related to their school of magic. Some have a bit of added character (such as scorch marks on the destruction book, claw marks on the conjuration book, or a strange invisible eye on the illusion book).
These book are written in daedric, and are primarily for roleplaying purposes.
They are not skillbooks, but they do have specially scripted enhancements in the standard version:
- The six grimoires related to the different spell schools, and the enchanting grimoire, all add five points in their related skill. This is an ability that will be removed after an hour.
- You cannot stack the effects of the grimoires. Only one can be active at a time. This was done for reasons of balance. You must wait an hour for the effect to wear off before you can benefit from reading another grimoire.
- The Necromancer's grimoire is a little bit special. It comes with a benefit and a curse. This grimoire will summon a powerful skeleton companion, which will follow you for an hour before disappearing. It has proper follow scripting so it will be hard to lose.
- The skeleton companion is based on the skeleton war-wizard, so its fairly powerful. It disappears on death just like a summon though, so it cannot be looted.
- While under the influence of the Necromancer's grimoire, your personality will drop significantly. This effect will be removed once the grimoire wears off and you no longer have a skeleton following you around and scaring the locals.
The six spell books can be bought in Dorisa Darvel's bookshop in Balmora.
The Dwemer grimoire and Necromancer's grimoire must be found. I have placed them each somewhere in the game world.
There are two different esp files. Use one or the other, but not both:
- BB_Grimoires: Standard version, with added spell effects. Also contains its own book rotate scripting.
- BB_Grimoires_Enhanced: Writing Enhanced version. These books are blank, and make use of the MWE_Writing scripts so that you can write in them.
These do NOT have the special spell scripting of the standard version.
Requires Writing Enhanced!
This mod is fully compatible with Book Rotate, but does not require it. It contains its own stand-alone book rotate scripting.
There should be no incompatibilities unless a mod alters Dorisa Darvel's bookshop significantly.
In that case, the book chest might end up in a funny place, but that is all.