Improves your graphics, saves your framerate, balance the light and shadows, keep nights dark and spooky. A batch script to automatically backup and patch your user.ltx file for optimized graphics and lightnings using Enhanced Shaders and Color Gradings and Agressor ReShade Weather. Includes its own dynamic time–based tonemapping script.
This addon is a small batch script that you have to execute (double click) once to automatically backup and patch your user.ltx file for optimized graphics and lightnings parameters.
1. Install Enhanced Shaders and Color Gradings ( Moddb.com) using the following parameters in Mod Organizer 2
2. Install the Agressor Reshade Weather folder Moddb.com
OPTIONAL: Install the Glossy Surfaces and Water SSR addon Moddb.com . You can delete combine.h file to only keep the Water SSR and save some frames :)
3. Extract the archive of Grok's Optimized Graphics Patcher to the Anomaly directory (where you can see bin, appdata, gamedata folders etc). If it asks for dynamic tonemap script replacement, accept.
4. Double-click "grok's_optimized_graphics_patcher.bat"
5. Your appdata/user.ltx is now patched and the unpatched version has been backed-up in the appdata folder with the date and time appended to the filename.
6. When launching the game, click on the "Delete Shader Cache" box (you need this only once).
Depending on your screen calibration, you might want to adjust the following commands (press ² or ` above the Tab key on your keyboard while in-game to adjust the parameters) :
r__gamma r__saturation r2_sun_lumscale_hemi
After you found proper parameters, you can edit the values of these commands in the "grok's_optimized_graphics_patcher.bat" file using a text editor like Notepad++. That way the good parameters for your screen will be applied the time you execute the bat file.
If you have a low end computer, open the bat file with Notepad++ and check the "::Frame Eaters" parameters. You can reduce their values (remove Anti Aliasing, increasing LOD bias etc). Double click the bat file to apply the changes.
You'll now have nice graphics with a good framerate and with balanced lightnings for all locations as well as dark nights and not so dark rain weather during the day.