- New models, walls and music
- Voice acting
- Pretty scary at times
- Beutiful and well thought level design
- Story is a bit cliché, but manages to stand out from other stories
- The monster was never a threat to me at all
- Glitches (read further down)
- What did I need the thalers for?
Neutral: (things I may like or dislike but does not affect the score)
- The monster sounds like a frog ^^
- A few typos, like "This key will open door" instead of "This key will open a door" or "This key will unlock a door", although no points are removed since my grammar is not the best either, and because I could still understand what you meant
- Story is very short and each map takes 20 seconds to 5 minutes to complete at most (for me anyway)
- First quest (read further down)
- In the storage room (where you need to find the ingredients used to create the acid), some boxes are floating in the air
- In the same map, and many of the maps after it, many things can be interacted with, but nothing happens. It's like you wanted the player to be able to interact with certain items and a message would display, but instead, nothing happens
- At several areas, items thrown into walls, pipes etc would glitch pretty badly and disappear
- The first quest was a bit confusing and it took a little while untill I understood what I had to do, use my "hand" from the inventory to break the lock, but why was it only used once? It would have been so cool to be able to break stuff, like boxes or other doors later on in the story as we pleased. I'm not removing any points because of this, but I still wanted to share my thoughts on it
- What did I need the thalers for? I have no idea why you added them, but I'm guessing they are some sort of secondary items we can pick up if we are smart enough to figure out how to reach them, since most of them required some thinking to reach, but it would feel more rewarding if you added a store to spend the money in, or told us at the end how much money we managed to find
- I didn't like the monster simply because it wasn't a threat at all. It saw me one single time, and I was too high up for him to reach me when he did. After that, he spawned only one more time and it was super easy to avoid him. Hell, I even got away from him during the scare in the underground map. I "passed out" and crawled into the room behind me and closed the door before he could hit me lol
- The voice actor didn't sound very convincing to me at first, although one of the authors explained a little more about the protaganist. If it wasn't for a PM, I would still feel that way though since nowhere in the story was this explained
The story, while being a little bit confusing at times, is pretty special and a lot of effort was put into it from what I can tell. Same with the level design, very beutiful and very creative.
What makes it hard for me to rate it higher than 8 are all the glitches and the fact that the monster was not a threat at all. The story pretty scary at times, but as soon as I realized that the monster was despawned very quickly or was too stupid/easy to pass by, the scaryness went down quite a lot for me.
Still, it's a solid 8 and might be a 9 if a glitch update is created (If you need some screenshots, ask me in a PM and I can send you some).
8/10 - Very good, recommended.
The missions needs fixing. I hope you change the camera mode of the game. Please don't use fixed camera, at least make it able to rotate...I know fixed camera feels more like the old resident evil game, but it sure does not work well in MOW...
Character 3D models are amazing, missions are fun(after I fixed the bugs in the missions), please keep up the good work.
Looks great ... but it's really anoying, that you have to fight against the aggressive regeneration of the shield.
It could have been done better by adding a short delay to it, which waits a small pperiod of time after getting shot, before it starts to regnerate.
I'm playing this mod for many years now and I really like it <3
The custom models are well done and the overall feeling is also nice!
There is only one thing I have to complain about:
-> The sides are very unbalanced.
You can't do anything against the stronger units, you unlock after a certain amount of points, with the weaker units, which you can use from the beginning.
I know, that it's is desired, that the unlockable units feel different and surely a little bit stronger then the first ones, but they don't have to be totally overpowered (eg. Droid Commander,Commando Droid, Arial Trooper with the Chaingun, Heavy Battle Droid with Jetpack and some more ...)
The latest version of the Mandalorian Wars Project for BFII also has some differently.
I had played this mod before and I truly want to come back to this mod.
Oh boy, the fun I had with my brother and friends in early 2010's.
This mod is something like Trackmania but in UT2004 engine!
I can assure you that you'll have so much fun in this game. Unfortunately, bots don't work as expected (the engine bots is not too optimised for vehicles thus need a lot of code) but that doesn't really mind.
The details of the vehicles are great and it's great that you can change color! Also a plenty of tracks that are original and detailed hyped me up too. Another little problem are the physics and I assure you that they are sometimes weird in this mod! This is a MUST PLAY mod for racing games fans. I hope you enjoy the mod as much as I did!
Full Video Review: Youtube.com
Silent Hill A tale Of Silence is a fan made game that will take you many an hour to complete. Although the developer refers to this game as an "engine test" it is anything but, it has several characters plenty of lines of dialogue interactive puzzles. And truly amazing graphics for a fan made game, not to mention an impressive user interface.
This is a point and click adventure game where you take on the role of heather. The twist is that this game has a very bizarre and highly amusing sense of humour yet it still manages to capture the atmosphere of Silent Hill.
The point and click style gameplay is actually alarmingly similar to that of silent hill, interacting with objects and combining them to solve puzzles and progress.
One of your earliest tasks is to take a shower and to do this you need to listen to some music for some reason, and to do that you need that you need to fix your portable radio and find a battery for it. Once this is done you get your first glimpse at how wierd this game's sense of humour really is.
After a while you'll end up back in Silent Hill. You'll see the true power of this home brew engine at work as you explore the rooms and corridors, your cursor is now a flashlight and you can see that classic film grain effect used.
You'll see all kinds of details on the walls such as bloodstains and every object looks great in this game a lot of craft when into making this game.
In this game you Will have a handful of puzzles to solve such as stopping a ventilator fan, to finding the code a locked door. You will come across some completely unpredictable scenes of humour that make this game both unique and unmissable.
There are several different endings based upon your actions, and I think a lot of that may be determined by this final scene which actually works rather well. You'd think that having the protagonists from both Silent Hill 2 and 3 in the same room would make no sense but their interaction is surprisingly touching.
This is one of the greats when it comes to Half Life mods. It's a total conversion with a Universe that feels familar in a lot of ways yet fresh, this is helped by some great new weapons with pretty tasty looking animations. There is some poor platforming and few parts where the level design really falls down, but overall a good experience.
Generally, this game had a freaky atmosphere, great jumpscares, (ones that you never expect) and creepy ambience with the loud sounds that add to the atmosphere. The only problems that i had was that it was pretty buggy on my computer but then again, i do only have a windows 7. Also the graphics weren't all the great, but overall, i enjoyed it, and those wanting a quick scare for free should get this game.