Alright time for me to rate this mod. So, it's been given a four. Shocking for myself even but why? Well, here's where I'll start to explain myself.
* I've waited over a year for this mod (Nothing about the rating but just stating how long I've waited)
* My biggest issue is that even though in Alpha I feel that this mod didn't need to be released JUST YET. It has so many bugs within the game that I cannot even tell you how serious it is. I follow that guy you first meet at the beginning and everyone tells me the same thing that they're having a problem with me or whatever.
* The whole looting supplies and stuff is great and all but why are these supplies so cheap? I need to find a way to make money and this was the only source I could find without attacking people.
* The Zombie NPCS are outstandingly great! However, when you approach them they are passive at first until you get close. I assume this was to avoid being outnumbered at the beginning of the loot search but it's still weird. I love the animations though.
* The map is literally covered in dark spots with a weird 'water-like' textures. I think it's been said by the maker to play around with your options but why do that if you expect to start the game off clean.
* Map has a coastal area you can go in which is fantastic! Loving it but it dips down into the water and I can literally just walk underwater. What the hell? I'd understand the developer if he'd rise the level up to walking level without sinking and then make it steep towards the end of the map.
* Cows and other animal NPCs can talk to you...? I had cows come up and try to attack me... What? I saw in the comments someone got kidnapped by them lol.
* Ammo system seems all kooky and messed up. I was using my ammo belt to feed my guns their ammo. Their proper ammos seem to not work.
There's plenty of more to say but this is still in its' Alpha so I can respect that this mod isn't complete. However, I feel it needs a proper rating. So, let's round this up.
Pros: Beautiful areas, great animations, guns!, Great NPCs, Mounts, the idea of this mod.
Cons: Glitchy map, ammo system, denars as dollars, scavenging system, Native icons still, map still has Native stuff (Player, forts, etc), VERY BUGGY with so many other things!
The mods gets a 4/10... May receive a updated review when the mod gets updated!
Singleplayer somehow gets progressively worse with each installment. I've given up hope of ever getting a good tactical first person shooter singleplayer experience. RB:6 Vegas 2 was the last one, and ever since Patriots was cancelled (or indefinite hold) we've just been seeing more and more action shooters. Great. Move along, nothing to see here unless you like the multiplayer, which is a shadow compared to Battlefield: Vietnam and Bad Company. Those had large maps, and where fairly strategic, like the original BF:1942. But this? Is like CoD clone. Thats basically what Battlefield has turned into and why? Make no mistake, Battlefield isn't simulating warfare with tons of players, user friendly controls, large scale battles with vast array of vehicles. Its not that anymore, its fast paced run around shooting everyone, friendlies and enemies spawn behind and in front of you, you never know where they are going to be coming from as you progress through the tiny maps. Its basically BF3 with police skins. Friendly AI is worthless, they can't kill anyone. Theres over-the-top scenes in a bland story. Its basically a stereotypical cop story of bad-cops and betrayal. "Police scanner" and unlocking weapons for every bad guy you arrest is odd to say the least. Shouldn't I be unlocking non-lethal weapons? Also why do 3 guys decked out in body armor and assault rifles give up because I point a gun at one guy & shouted "police" (while they have 3 guns pointed at me). They really should have limited that mechanic to when its 1 or 2 dudes who don't have their guns out at the time or 1 dude who does have a gun out. That would make more sense. That scanner really doesn't contribute anything besides put evidence into your memory bank and really doesn't add anything storywise, its just a hidden object adventure game tacked on thing. Could have done something interesting with it like needing to piece together certain pieces of evidence in order to figure out whats happening, and us that as a alternate form of progression besides kill all 'bad guys' but no. The more I play this the more I see a another wasted opportunity at a new L.A Noire, and make me realize how unlikely it is that we'll ever get a game like that again. Sigh. Less helicopters flying into obviously exposed wires and gunbattles and more story/investigation/non-lethal/new mechanics that support this gameplay, and less gimmicks and "COD checklists" next time. I'm going to go play the DLC missions of L.A Noire and try to forget about this worthless piece of cow dung.
Its quite short unfortunately. 2-3 hours. It feels very unfinished, it feels like a Early Access game (eventhough its not listed that way). Its artificially lengthened with lots of walking around in the dark (can go around an hour without any real threat, where it then chases you once and ramps up the difficulty towards the end unfairly the creature appears in front of you). Costs $20 for what should be a $5-7 title.
It has some nice ideas though, claustrophobic and tense at first. Not being able to see whats at the end of corridoors until you find the hidden flashlight can make the initial part of the game quite tense (although some may find this annoying if they don't ever find it). Pills pushing back the voices, wobbly vision serves to heighten the urgency but generally you never run out after finding the first few. No hand holding, and a story that you figure out on your own. Graphics are fairly nice. And that screaming prisoner you find was scary at first, but then you find them later on which ends up annoying me (screams are the exact same sound file & lacks the tension it had the first time around). The story is somewhat obscure but this I find makes you work that much harder to get every note. At the moment I don't think its worth the time or money but theres alot of potential here, SCP, Penumbra, even a little Twin Peaks, in the end the game just isn't scary after you realize your not in any danger. Theres just noises and dark hallway simulator. Slightly odd how the levels randomly change as you progress which makes sense as you are going crazy but it makes you feel like your not in charge of your progress which is frustrating, combined with a realization of a lack of danger you are left with only appreciating the ambiance and left wondering what was the point?
Drama, ****** fighting system, more drama, mentally disabled playerbase, more drama, animes and perverted stuff on Nomads on the forum, more drama, ****** mod, more drama.
Ah well, at least it's got good stuff (ships mostly) to rip from it and incorporate in other mods.
Unbalanced, unfinished, unrefined ..there is just so much of crap in there that it becomes total chaos
-50 buildings giving you same thing -i.e. 1 culture or +1 gold..
-Somebody thought about tech before it was packed into mod? like techs giving you nothing, whole new tech giving one shop +1 gold
-There is good example of prehistoric era where 3 techs -slashing, cutting and piercing gives you nothing at all and leave you just looking on screen in total boredom for hours!
-It goes downhill with late game where are no unique units for nations at all and future is cheesy as hell with units like mamooth tank from C&C or some terminator robots and gods! that robot tank is hilarious
-I dont know... I had like 20 other complains but cant remember anything else, very forgettable creation which reminds me that quality is always better than quantity
-overpowered units and whole militant nations
I had 15 spartan soldiers, all made on 7 level, they had around 16 strenght each figthing axeman/swordsman/spearmans with 5 strength
There is no way you can stop this with pacifism and
-all other nations are never pacifistic at all, or some diplomatic activity ...something, they just hate your from start and and declare you their worst enemy
wasted time, still I was curious about this mod for long time as it is so popular, but for what reasons ...i dont know
Guess it gives you that freedom of choosing what you want to be and all that megafauna and steampunk creations, modern era ....would be appealing for me too if it was done like realism invictus mod instead of chaos2boredom
Not bad follow-up to the original Amnesia: The Dark Descent, but it gets repetitive, found key, go to next place, repeat.
The level are simply boring, there are no details, and are way too large so there is a lot of unused space.
The story is average, don't spect nothing out of amateur scriptwriting skills level.
Just got it, worse than empire total war ...
Wow I dont even know where to start with list of bad things made in this game but most obvious are units and arcade battles where units just mix into one huge crap of ants
They have no collision, no mass ...just nothing, they cant even fight two vs one, if 500 soldiers attack one soldiers that one soldier will fight one on one which is ridiculous
and ******* flags marking absolutely unnecessary parts of map, no hills or roads but random piece of land that have no strategical value at all
Its horrible crap and poor excuse for more than one year of public beta testing and 40% larger budget over last total wars
+ New PC & NPC models, really well made
+ Enhanced graphics & music (love the blood stains)
+ New quests with professional-level voice acting
+ New/different bosses that require you to use your head
- Random crashes
- Balance issue (Giovannis are underpowered, Setite are overpowered)
- Artificial difficulty (random groups of vampires in various locations)
- No blood buff/blood heal customisation
- Koldunic magic is tricky to customize and lacks spells descriptions
- Some new mechanics are wonky/glitchy (casting a spell stuns you in first person mode for a couple of seconds, Obtenebration 5 doesn't make you invincible, Serpentis 3 makes you impervious to bullets...) or don't last long enough to be useful (Hags' Wrinkles for instance)
- Unstable performances (not the modders' fault)
- Combats are forced and aren't an option anymore, which sucks for an RPG
- What's with the xenomorph model? I mean, seriously?
All in all the mod is great but needs some really serious polish. If they keep updating it and manage to add everything they plan to, it'll be no doubt the best complete overhaul mod for VtM Bloodlines!
Great graphics, but its to Warcraft-like for me. To much colours and i dont like the gameplay.
Additionally there are much issues ingame. I know its a beta, but there are still to much bugs for me. And...dont copy every terrain-texture from other games! Make your own ones.
An awesome game concept, but the demo of the game just WANTS your money as it is only limited to 1 MINUTE MATCHES...1!
That, in in itself is ********. The devs could have limited changing the size of the ball or increasing and decreasing the filed, but no. They have to limit the time that you can play the match.