You.....I don't know how the **** you did it man/girl, but this deserves a 10/10 like I posted. You made this absolute magnificent. You made the ambiance amazing and the scares weren't cheap they were good, perfectly ranged from each other, and best of all, the story and grammar is the main thing to look out for in my opinion which was absolutely amazing!! Very very good job. I hope to see more stories made from you in the future. If you do make more, please message me and tell me so. Congrats again.
If the game did not suffer from game breaking bugs I would have rated it 6/10. Unfortunately I was forces to load a previously saved game because the game stopped responding to input or I couldn't pick up a mission-critical item.
Other reasons why I gave Shadowrun Returns only a 5/10, even though I mostly enjoyed the playthrough:
- Lacking in depth. Class and race choice don't seem to matter. Very little use for skills of which the player can expect to open up alternative possibilities.
- Extremely linear game, both in dialogue and 'physical' routes. Alternative routes are offered only once in the whole game. To use them the player needs to have drones with him/her in the party, else he/she still has only one route to follow. Because of the linearity the game feels more like an interactive story instead of a game in which the player's actions have impact on the world.
- The levels, both indoor and outdoor, feel very empty. The NPCs are all static and there is no ambient sound.
- 'Hard' difficulty, on which I played the game, is not hard at all. I did not die once and actually never came really close.
I just started playing the Steam workshop entry 'Shadowrun Unlimited' and from what I have read this fixes quite a few of these problems. The mods may add (higher quality) replayability, so that's a pro for the game as user generated content platform.
Hi Craig ;
Here is my review about the game "The Gate II" :
Craig the maps are very detailed, and i love the feeling of being playing a film. I like very much of your ideas, the action you did with the vehicles and the lot of models and textures into the mod.
Overall i miss the new weapons the mod was telling to have from the first and the cut content like the peenemonde maps, etc. What was a little boring for me is the area51, was too long for my likes, because i prefer and love the open areas and illuminated at all.
The script is good too.
I missed the song i compose for the game, and the possibilities of easy translation to other languages.
- Action, gameplay, detailed maps and lot of new models and textures.
- Weapons, cut content, the translation possibilities and the area51 is too long for my taste.
Overall i want to say that you had done a VERY GOOD JOB mate.
My calification is 8.5 / 10.