made me kill family at wedding
Surprisingly fun. Well worth checking out!
The EXPA Dev. Team remembers playing the ESF series, as it has been one of the most highly acclaimed MODs of the past years.
It offers amazing combat mechanics and truly empowers the Dragon Ball Z series from the bottom-up.
Although there has been a recent delay which has caused so much controversy to the point where the game itself could presumably be dead.
It has been roughly over 8 years since ESF final's announcement. This will cause major damage to the ESF team's reputation, you might want to think about creating a small beta for fans to try, as it will truly show your hard work and effort!
Good luck team!
Amazing mod, best of MoW AS2 FOR SURE! But, Im still missing some PvP! Additionaly, I would appreciate some pre-war factions, like Czechoslovakia (even with prototypes made for 3rd Reich during the war). Gl+hf
yea it is good work
I say 10 outa 10 because
I cant speak english and because it looks very nice !
It screwed up my game, I had to uninstall and re-install to fix the problem
An amazing custom story! It's much more a fantasy story rather than a 'realistic' one, but it's very well done. I liked all the mapping, puzzles, scripts and features, especially the torches and candles - they light up a much larger area than they do in the original game and that's what they should work like!
Beside some language mistakes (which I never include in ratings, why would anyone? It's not important as far as players can understand) I was quite annoyed by the repeating jumpscares. The way they're done is the same all along the gameplay. And what's more, they belong to the 'cheap' ones, with that typical jumpscare sound (scream, or whatever that is). That was the only negative.
11 year old and still great game.
1) Absolutely stunned by the impressive modelling and texture work invested in this mod. In my opinion, Witch Hunters sets the bar for how unit modelling in Dawn of War can be pulled off.
2) Animations are good, and some of the 'unit idle' animations caught my eye: an Eversor Assasin doing push-ups, a Seraphim finishing a private prayer, and (amusingly) the Throne-bound Inquisitor pranking his scribe. While these are small potatoes against the rest of the mod, such details do enhance the experience that little bit more.
3) The diverging building and unit construction within the faction was both surprising and welcome. Allowing players to choose between more powerful elements of the Adepta Sororitas armoury or the more shady assets of the Ordo Hereticus could allow players to tailor small parts of their WH force to their preferred playstyles, similar to Dark Crusade's Tau. However, this choice will require a commitment from the player as the opposing tree and build options will be locked out unless said building is destroyed.
4) Voice work and unit sound is all-around good, integrating existing sound effects from equivalent Sister of Battle units with new voices and effects from the development team. Props to all involved!
(Personal favorite would have to be the Immolator!)
1) I had some initial AI instability issues which would prematurely cause a skirmish to end. Thankfully, the AI adjustments bundled with this release seem to have overcome them and, generally, seem indicative more of the engine's limitations rather then a fault of the mod.
2) Another reviewer had previously mentioned a problem with the original Orders' team-colours being a bit below-quality and, while I disagree in regards to the extent of said issue, I do feel that some of the sub-factional colours do come across as a bit dark (with baseline black being a bit finicky to work with). Yet, this can easily be corrected in the Army Painter by the players and is, in the long run, only a trivial niggle for me.
1) The lack of a specific factional aircraft might disappoint some looking for such an option in the mod. This doesn't bother me, however, given that all aircraft in Soulstorm can be countered by ground fire; the Adepta Sororitas aren't lacking there!
2) Additionally, some may be off-put by the lack of Witch Hunter integration into the single-player campaign. While it might have been a "would-be-nice" feature, it'd have been unreasonable to have expected the development team to try and tackle such an overhaul, as well as finalising the mod as-is (given the dynamics of the existing Sororitas force in the Kaurava campaign, as well as potential issues such as campaign balancing, commander equipment progression and so on). Ergo, it's understandable why this wouldn't have been an element tackled in the final mod and I'm not concerned that this wasn't an option.
Overall, as a fan of both the lore of Warhammer 40,000 and Dawn of War, 'Witch Hunters: Adepta Sororitas' for Soulstorm has been an absolute blast for me, combining good to high quality units with effective gameplay. The original development team could not be praised enough for their work on this mod (both during Dark Crusade and now) and Team Thudmeizer also receives my thanks for finalising and releasing the mod for the final game in the original Dawn of War series.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to find a combiner mod to integrate both Witch Hunters and the Black Templars - there's an Imperium to defend and traitors to be purified by the flames!
Could've been the 'Deus Ex killer', but failed due to either too smart or too dumb AI and bugs.
super cool mod i really like the mission where you go to fead city and they got you in jail
This mod is set in really interesting and underrated timeline. It still is in early stage and need some polishing and bug fixes but as for version 0.84 it clearly deserves 10/10.
Love playing this whlie listening The Vikings soundrack :)
Overwhelming many new icons and skills and items
so brutal so fun
Easily the best mod for COH2, anyone who played Blitzkrieg Mod for COH1 will find all those goodies here along with many more new and improved features. Highly Recommended
I am stuck :(
No reviews were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the review list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.