I can play this game for hours at a time because it doesn't get old like other games. Other shooters get stale pretty fast once everyone has learned all the maps, but if the maps can be changed by players all the time, its always fresh, and its always fun to knock down enemy buildings with grenades. Minecraft+first person shooters is the ultimate game.
I'll be brief as I'm preparing a video review. The game has some serious flaws that I hope can be fixed at a later time. Too many to name, I'll just point out a few:
- The ship has inertia.
- Why would you need a fire button when you are using a twin-stick shooter control approach? The right stick can fulfill that task, it's one less button to worry about!
- The hitbox of the ship or the hitboxes of the bullets appear to be bigger than their real sizes, thus causing deaths out of nowhere. It desperately needs clearer hitboxes.
- There are barely any sound cues to enemy fire, bomb activations, pretty much anything.
- The enemies come in pretty chaotic waves, often firing offscreen.
- Bullets are BLACK. I mean, I knew bullets could have contrast problems with bright backgrounds but just make them all pink or purple and you can usually see them just fine!
I guess for the price, some nice ideas (I like the free roaming and defending a bigger ship) and the HD graphics (which indeed look pretty nice) it's fine but I found it to be quite a let down :(
Edit: maybe the 5 was too cruel. I'll rise it to 6. I do hope it gets patched and fixed, the game has potential!
Back when the best victory of a gamer's career was beating CoD:WaW and unlocking Nazi Zombies... It was a new experience and an exciting one. Now with a very intelligent and hardworking group of people, my dreams can become a reality: play NZ on my PSP. This is my overall my favorite psp game of all time. I hope they don't die like most games nowadays. It's perfect. NZ:P FOREVER!!
I think this is a very good mod. The clan I am part of, .:YWG:., has created a RotU 2 server and I and everyone else in the server really enjoys it.
I only have a few questions/problems with the mod:
1. How do you use your different skills?
i.e. how do you make it so that you can see zombies with the scout in the UAV and how do I use the special bullets.
2. How do you choose a secondary skill?
A great and fun time killer that you can play locally or online with a VAST amount of people even on the same computer and you can use a keyboards and controllers.
The basis of this game is simple, bump your opponents out of the ring until they explode or drop off a cliff which can become extremely funny and hectic the more players you have.
This Indie game also has mutators for other game modes including Hold The Flag, Boost, Sapoi, Tag, Thief and Weak Spot my all time favorite.
What really won me over with this game is the ability to have up to eight people using controllers and four more people using a sing or multiple keyboards, that makes it a great party game and with tons of vehicle skins to choose from and with nine levels the fun lasts for quite a while but don't just take my word for it, go play it, have some good old fashion fun.
Awesome is the first word. Its 99.9999% complete in my opinion. Only thing is that the dreadnaughts need some size buffs and there is a glitch with the aura planets that when you rotate the camera the aura planet rotates too.