Amazing this was a great mod with everything you could want from a cs as well as a emphasis on scares and atmosphere which are brought out by the sounds and music. There are unfortunately a few small issues that prevent me from giving it a 10:
- lack of story: still there but most of the time it feels like i was just wandering around dark hallways completing random puzzles
- Content/ lack of originality: For a full conversion mod i expect more than just a new light source, a few custom items, a cool launcher and new sounds and music (which can be put in even a normal cs). The levels were nice but fairly bland and the atmosphere never changed so i always knew what to expect and most of the scares, puzzles and environments were almost exactly like those of the original game. I simply expected a bit more creativity
- Boredom. I usually don't get bored playing horror games but because of the stuff listed up before,as well as the fact that this was one of the longer amnesia mods, near the end of the mod it seemed like i was just going through the motion and i wasn't engaged any more and just wanted it to end
Overall this is still a creepy, scary mod but i warn it does lack some originality in most departments but it's redeeming qualities(WHICH ARE MAINLY THE ATMOSPHERE AND SCARES) are better so i give this a 9
Very good the story in this mod is almost none existent but everything comes together in the end. The environments are original and well deigned and the atmosphere and scares are well placed and original.
This is a really cool mod that was well made and had some good features and unique scares more people should notice this mod because its really good
A gem in amnesia this mod (and part 2) feature some really cool elements that have never been done before in amnesia (no spoilers) There is also a solid story and good puzzles. The only reason i don't giver this a 10 is because
1. Got stuck way to may times not knowing what to do
2. Almost no scares or atmosphere
still a great refreshing twist on amnesia and i recommend trying it
Unique gameplay furthermore on the next release! Happy and pleasured playing this great mod and greatly appreciated the team who managed to keep the game alive and interesting, even if its decade past! Good job!!! Best Strategy game i must say even this generation's era!
Far and away the scariest mod out there. The lighting as well as the music and sounds as well as the atmosphere all worked together top make an unbelievably terrifying gameplay experience. This is the only amnesia mod that has made me stop to compose myself frequently. The monsters were scary and well made as well as the well placed jumpscares and the detailed environments all contributed as well.
And this is very good but the reason i gave this a 9 instead of a 10 is because it seemed that in an attempt to create a horrifying experience all around, a few key elements were either lacking or missing completely. These issues were:
- lack of story(just enough for the game to make sense but nothing really concrete also the three endings were all bad and seemed rushed
- Bugs: had to exit and go back many times due to map bugs, stuff not spawning or breaking the game
- Maps were big which is usually good but they never gave me clues as to where stuff was so it took a lot of random wandering before i could figure out what to do
- lack of mementos or notes
Overall this was still a great mod and i recommend it especially for any elite amnesia players. It would probably been one of my favorites if the mod was a bit more complete Still awesome though
Short and sweet is the best way to describe this mod. For such a short story the detail put into everything and the quality of this mod was amazing. The voice acting was excellent and the story was immersive as well as having a element of mystery to it. It wasn't that scary but this was a more story driven mod like white night and that was all it needed to make this a very good mod
Definitely give it a try
There's reason this mod won the cs contest. Everything about this mod was made with detail and originality. This story really got my immersed in the story.
The voice acting was also very good and the puzzles and maps were good and original. I did find it a bit short though
Wow, this is an EPIC game! I have replayed it again, and I have enjoyed it, immensely. I played this since 2007-2008 but never fully completed it. I must admit that this is the best game ever! Everything in this game is simply perfect! The storyline is very simple, but well done, well narrated in the game and also fun! The characters are brilliant, the locations are fantastic, some levels were also scary, especially "On a Rail", "Forget about Freeman", "Lambda Core" and the last level (the black one) of "Interloper". It has a great atmosphere. The sound is brilliant, the voices of Scientists and Barneys are very well done, and the radio chatter of the Marines is quite realistic, especially when they yell "Medic!". The alien sounds are creepy and totally convincing, the ambient sounds like bricks falling, explosions, shock waves of Military Jets and bullets being fired are also good! The Music is great, too, really atmospheric and creepy sometimes, the best one is the Ending Credits music! The graphics are old, but very good looking for me, they are very lightweight and don't require a great PC to work. Everything is well done and very detailed, except for the Marines maybe...? The Black Ops models are probably the best! The weapons are very well designed and look good. It's very lenghty and also challenging, but not impossible to play. It took me only 3 days, without cheating! This incredible game also spawned an HUGE amount of free modifications, and they are amazing. Famous mods like Counter-Strike, Team Fortress Classic, Day of Defeat, Poke646 and much, much more! The community of this game is still active, there are lots of players still around, creating new mods and maps everyday! The engine of this game, a modified Quake Engine, is probably better than Id Tech 2 and 3. It's very responsive, good looking, lightweight, it's one of the best engines ever! Everything in this game is brilliant, play this game if you didn't do that already!
just because the creator is a d*ck doesn't mean this mod is good. the lack of reaction to critique is what it made 2 points but since the mod is actually good and you can see there has been work put in, it is a good mod!
so in my opinion if you just care for the game you should not care too much for the creator although not with this type of behaviour