Purchased recently,Liked so far, seems very promising, the missions layout are pretty different each other, something new to the series.
The units in the game still needs some balancing, some supposeddly powerful units and not so powerfull and viceversa.
Only bug encountered so far seems to be sound related, if advancing days quickly sometimes walking sounds gets stuck , and doesn´t drops off until exit game.
Keep up the good work,this can be an excellent game
Not very good. Most of this mod is just walking from one end of a room to another to go to the next door, with an occasional search for a key. There's maybe one or two monsters, neither of which do much to provide scares. If you run out of lantern oil by the end then the game just becomes tedious due to the complete lack of light in the final part. This wouldn't be the problem if the darkness provided some challenge other than walking to the other end of an empty room. This mod isn't terrible, but it really isn't worth your time.
- Great graphics, stayed true with the company's vision and feel, using art from their history and websites to really capture the essence of the game.
- Made every effort to use every possible unit that it could be found in the series despite the inability to introduce flying units. Every unit looks as if great effort was made to make them true to the game.
- Consoles are well made and specific for most armies.
- Campaign series had unrealistic army builds for Chaos, having full bannered armies appear out of thin air in multiple campaign attempts, way behind friendly borders. Campaign forces and buildings take way too long to build.
- Though not as often from previous updates, the system still crashes with elusive report of "unknown error, system will close now" in battles.
- bug: If two units of your units are involved in a battle, the system confuses itself and crashes if the check boxes are not set correctly for control of command, and sometimes the player does not have the option to choose which unit to command personally.
- Updates mean a whole new series of downloads, which have to be pieced together from pay for download websites or deal with throttled speed wait in line websites. The installation is rather haphazard for beginning installers. When contacted on the matter by many different players including myself, the developers have not bothered to respond to the issue at all. This hurt the score immensely.
- While this was not necessarily an issue for me, music was stolen from various games and movies, which could take away from the experience for others. This was not put into consideration for score review but it should be pointed out.
Rating: 6 (based on keeping to the storyline and genre, installation, support, game play consistency, stability, and goals reached by the objective of the product). Multiple variations have been installed to reach the review conclusion.
before i played this game i yet have seen a zombie game with atleast 50% realism most games like lfd(i still like l4d) have just be run and gun but this game is diffrent and i would seirously recommend it to people who dont like zed at all(but of course it helps) this game also has a good survival feel. when i go out and scavenge i actully think about how i do it and how much stuff i bring.this game is well worth the 9 dollars i would still buy it for 40 dollars. overall this is one of my top 5 games