The level design is truly of the highest quality, and voice acting was actually very impressive compared to the voice acting seen in some other mods, or other mods which recycles the voicing from the crysis campaign, (shudders in horror).
The only downside and reason why I knocked a point off was the story was veeeeeeeeery similar to F.E.A.R, and whilst said game does have a good story, and inspiration does have too come from somewhere I felt that the story here and in F.E.A.R were a little too alike, however that's a minor quibble, as the fact that what is in this game is of a quite frankly professional standard makes this mod definetly worth a try.
Excellent mod, I love all the new units for the factions, however to be perfect it needs to add to the defensive factors of the game, such as barricades, trenches, mortar pits, and many other factors that inspire defensive preparation. Altogether this mod is easily one of the best I have ever played.
Storywise and design-wise, it was good, I had much fun. However, I have some things to say...
Many times in this story, I was like "WTF am I supposed to do?". Thank god there are youtube walkthroughs.
It also has a few glitches:
- You can get the torch in the beginning stuck pretty easily. Just move into the invisible wall where the window is and you cannot get it out.
- When you exit (not save & exit) in that level with torch, and then choose to Continue this user story, you can explore the map where you are cut at the very beginning.
- When in the house where a woman was in shower, I could hear some babbling, probably of the main character himself, but it could be barely understandable and there were no subtitles.
- In that same house, when I removed the glue from the top side of the painting first, the chisel just fell off and I couldn't find it anywhere to use it on the other sides as well. Had to reload and remove bottom part first.
- Behind the painting, I picked up Secret room :) (I guess that should have been Secret room key).
This game is amazing!!! I have beta 1.1 waiting for 1.2 release... but I'm patient and will just wait for it... it will be better when it comes out... i play on my asus Eee pc with 1 gig of ram and i have shadowing on... when i play it has little to no lag.... I have to say... it is just as fun as Black Ops or WAW... Thanks NZP team for making this possible and I hope you guys come out with the next release soon... and i also like how u can play it on the psp... although i like it better on pc...
This game brings retro epicness,retro challenge,and retro music all together. The gameplay is great,enemys are out to kill you without any pause. You have to be on your guard while playing,or one will get in your blind spot and kill you. Regardless, this game is one of the many great things Desura has to offer!
The Void was pretty good. The music added on to the game was great and some of the ships were incredible looking....but that's about it. There was not as much originality as I was hoping there would be. Yes some of the systems looked really beautiful but the game lacked the feeling of originality....it felt stale really. At first it was ok, but after a couple of hours it could no longer hold my attention. All in all it is an average mod, adding on some content but overall lacking in originality.