Far too gimmicky for its own good. 9 times out of ten people are going to have issues playing this game, either from lack of space or by not wanting to break anything (which can happen playing this). It is fun for 5 minutes but then after that, everyone will quickly want to play something with a bit more substance and skill involved.
First time i tried it, i definantly didn't manage my credits well enough. Buying ammo when i thought that maybe 100 rounds was to low, and i could of probly saved up a bit more...buying guns that were worse than the one i was already carrying. Then i got the hang of it, and i played this for hours, and let me tell you. It gets challenging, but it keeps you wanting more. Although i finally maxed out at lvl 5, (On Noobish) difficulty, got all my upgrades, and was at wave 21; it makes you want to keep on trying those harder difficulties.
This game looks really good, and plays so smooth. I cant wait for more levels, items, and aliens. Also like im sure alot of people are wanting; (Multiplayer Co-OP). For a game that is only 10 dollars, this is an awesome one. I def recommend it.
It is nice to see another very good Unity indie title come to Linux!
Mixture of Secret of Mana, Zelda and an awesome pack of drops.Last time I played Secret of Mana with a friend I thought: ''If someone would create a Secret of Mana-style retrogame with a more fluid battlesystem, espcially an active magic casting system , nice graphics and tons of drops that would be more than awesome!!! :D'' Can't wait to play it! Love it! Would give it a 10 but can't wait a week so I'm allowed to do :D Dare you Desura! Hope can fix it after week so you guys get a 10 from me!
The work on this mod is amazing !
I was about to put a 10/10, but the chapter one is a little too dark and difficult without light, near the end. i haven't finished the mod yet, but I can say that this mod is at least as good as the original game, perhaps even better, because scarier without gore things or jump scares.
If you try this mod : DON'T GIVE UP AT CHAPTER 1 !!! (I was about to do so, but i don't regret to have carry on)
SPOILER : an exemple of the talent of modder : multiples puzzles solutions !
in chapter 4, you have to find a way to cross a gateway that is unaccessible. You have multiples solutions to manage that :
1) you can find a hidden key somewhere that open a hidden gate on the ground that manage you to reach the same place as the absent gateway
2) you find a broken ladder and use it to replace the gateway
Good point :
- great atmosphere and storyline
- great level design
- puzzles are sometimes challenging, but always logical
- Sounds and music very well chosen
- Very long story, but not boring exploration
- Not too many monsters, but very well placed
- New textures, models, animations
- Great scripting
Bad point :
- Chapter one too dark after collapsing on the ground
- A few bugs here and there (Nothing too annoying though)
- at a few times, impossible to figure what to do without "cheating" (i am still stuck at chapter 4 :/)
- When monsters kill you, they often disappear after your respawn ; so, you can't have another try to get rid of them (but it was the same in original game)
EDIT : Ok, I finished the mod 10 mn ago and i changed my note from 9/10 to 10/10. This mod is a masterpiece ! The story is very well written, the scripting is great ! new models, textures, and animations are an amazing work ! I was totally fascinated by this game. A real long game : 7 chapters ; one hour per chapter : More than 5 hours of pleasure (and a little frustration, too)
if you didn't yet, YOU HAVE TO TRY THIS AT ONCE !