Okay I must begin by saying that this mod certainly felt worthy of valve themselves. But this mod was glitchy and needs patches. I had to noclip past 3 parts do to glitching out. Otherwise, the mod is one I might come back to playing one of these days. This is what valve should of made to redeem blue shift. Pros and cons:
nice new models
funny voice acting
and overall pure fun
a little over the top scenes
the bomb placing part
some silly mistakes on line choosing
and the game crashed at the end
Before i start, i would just like to note that this is the first mod that i have ever given a 10 too in the past few months i've been playing/reviewing Custom Stories.
- Really Scary Atmosphere
- The right amount of tinderboxes and oil
- Monster spawns were done sparingly at the start and in good places.
- Dramatic build up at the start which held true throughout the CS.
- No bugs or glitches, minus one with a lock which really wasn't serious.
- A decent story with an interesting finale (when you recover from your Amnesia fully)
- The Castle design was fantastic, it really felt like i was in a castle/mansion of sorts.
- The detail of each area and environment was great. When i was in Storage it felt like i was in a massive underground Castle Storage Room, same with the Wine Cellar and Guest Rooms.
- Good use of Light and Dark areas, plenty of torches/lanterns to light if needed.
- Sound effects were used to great effect, and often made me jump
Things to improve on:
- Next time it would be great to see some voice acting added in as long as it's done to a great extent like the rest of the mod.
- A possibly more engaging story, that's not to say this one wasn't, but a few more side plots or side quests would be cool.
This is my favourite of two mods i've played this year, and i strongly encourage you to continue making mods to this quality, because you have great potential and have nailed modding on your first attempt
Kudos to you and thankyou yet again for this mod!
This game has me addicted to the way you can live your life as a lord king or bandit lord (with mods) and the way you can slash through enemies
and the way tghe realm workks if you dont do anything at all this game is just amazing