What King Arthur's Gold is about, what you get for free and what you'll get if you pre-order the alpha.
Posted by Michal.Marcinkowski on Sep 4th, 2011
KAG is a game about mining, building castles and destroying your enemies. It is a side-scrolling 2D action multiplayer war game with focus on building, constructing siege machines and intense PvP combat. Some inspirations for the game are Soldat, Minecraft, Dungeon Keeper & Ace of Spades. Currently available on Windows, Linux & soon MacOSX.
KAG was coded and designed by Michal 'MM' Marcinkowski creator of the online 2D action classic Soldat. Co-designing and painting all the pixel graphics is Max 'Geti' Cahill from 1bardesign.com games. Music is being composed by David Pencil composer of Penny Arcade. Community forums are being maintained by Samuel 'citricsquid' Ryan of Minecraft Forums.
There are 2 teams in KAG (red vs blue). Both struggle to dominate the other on giant randomly generated 2D maps. Nobody remembers why the war started, but the battle is ferocious and never ending!
KAG is a Player vs Player game in which you can pick one of 3 classes.
KAG is the first 2D game to introduce classic arcade game mechanics in a real-time 64+ player battlefield.
Not only that, but blocks support each other!
Destroying the foundation of a castle will make it collapse in full 2D collapsible physics glory!
Grab your sword, hammer or bow and head on into the battlefield.
How fast can you say CASTLE SIEGE!?
KAG is a work-in-progress, currently released as alpha version.
Some of the planned things in the free version are:
- Quick, to the point combat without any extra objectives.
- For all those Minecrafters out there that want to construct castles in a peaceful environment.
- Mini games that allow you to practice your sword or archery skills by shooting at apples, trees, ducks or bison, as well as helping new players find their feet in-game.
What you just read about is all FREE. However that is just a really small part of what KAG is going to be.
Just check this chart:
How does the free version differ from the full version?
Even more game modes!
NOTE: This game will represent a culmination of a lot of other work, as it'll introduce RTS elements. Mainly rooms, a complex inventory system, and many more items.
One survivor or team builds a fort for the upcoming Army of the Dead invasion. The goal is to survive as long as possible. Continually repair defenses and fight the undead!
Now, let's break down WAR mode because we feel that this is the most valuable part of paid KAG:
- There will be time and a time limit in the game. It will be indicated by the change of lighting in the game. Battles at sun dawn or at night with full starry night are coming. This won't be just a gimmick because fighting at night will add fog of war allowing for sneak attacks under cover.
- allow the construction of movable classic medieval siege machines, including
Battering Ram, Canopy and Ballista!
- Construct chests which can store larger quantities of materials
- Food: Roast Meat and Turnip, Bread, Boiled eggs, Cakes, Soups, Potions...
- Create bowls for food & potion making, boulder, statue and a vases for ornamentation
Custom maps and campaigns for offline play.
Gold Servers, Multiplayer Map Editor and community membership are already done and once you pre-order you can use them straight away! All other things are to be done soon.
Please note that this is not a sales offer nor a concrete TODO list. It is what we are planning to introduce in the game and most likely will, however the nature of game development means that some things might not work and not be fun. The goal of the game is to provide massive fun :) If some of these elements we listed here are not fun or break the game in some way, we will remove them and introduce new, more compatible elements. Also some elements might be moved from free to full version and vice versa as we try to balance the game to make it perfect. .
Right here on Desura for the price of 2 Big Macs. Remember to make your decision now because you are getting a huge discount!
This is a special pre-order price for a limited time. We'd like to thank you for supporting us in this early stage of the game. That's why the price is so low for such enormous content and fun times you will have. As new content comes in we'll gradually increase the price to reflect the added value. In other words, get it now!