A lot of you have been asking for news : here is a small update on how the team is doing, what we are planning to do, what we have been doing, and more.
You can check the previous update for the whole features list; but here are some new things we are adding to the mod :
- Decapitation script (thanks to Davee and Flanged on the TW forums) for various races;
- New missions and random events;
- New character creation system;
- New dialogs : less vanilla and Orcs talking like they are nobles;
- Improved recruitment system : with enough renown and good relations, you may be able to recruit regiments instead of small groups of recruits;
- Fearsome monsters with fearsome weaponary;
- Custom battles and custom characters;
- Warhammer Fantasy Battles feeling on the battlefied : units are being worked on in order to stick to the Warhammer descriptions : depending on the race, basics soldiers are really cheap and weak compared to special/rare units and special characters. If you fight a Troll/Chaos Warrior/Ogre/Dragon Prince with your empire Free Companies or your speargoblins, bring a lot of them !
Green - Implemented with full evolution tree
Orange - Work in progress
Red - Not implemented yet
Small factions :
Modelling is a big part of implementing new factions; we are creating new models for nearly every faction and unit in the mod, and this is a great part of the work which is taking a lot of time.
What are we looking for ?
We could really use some help from experienced sceners who would like to help us immerge the player into the Warhammer world. If interested, please contact Del or Horla on modDB or on the Talewords forum.
That's all for today, but more will come. Thanks for supporting the mod !
Happy Easter, and have a nice day !
Important : Please remember that the file you can download on this topic is only a preview of the final Warsword Conquest mod; thus, all the updates we will make until the release of the official WCq mod will describe our progresses, and not what is in the preview. Thank you for understanding !