I made a short video clip about the Service tunnel map from the Alpha-1 version. Remember, Alpha-1 means we learn how to use Hammer level editor, (and scripting) of the Source engine ;). Some used item in this video are a placeholder model.
(Video editing is new to me that's why it has a bad quality :()
Other progress news in short:
- We made our first test NPC modell, wich has the ValveBiped skeleton for animating (under 3DS MAX, because i not prefer XSI, its too complicated for me, as a Mac after Windows :P).
Making a working custom NPC model was a great momentum for me (even the weightmaps are a bit buggy now), because I never works with character modelling, and animation.
- I wrote the Player's diary about what he live trough at Kontroll's world. At first he waked up in the morning, traveling to his office, but in the tunnel the metro get's on fire, and he must escape this stalemate situation. After a long way in forbinnen service tunnels, he's been save by an unknow person, who takes him to the "deeper grounds". After that the real adventure begins :).
- The gameplay what we planning (whitout any programmer support) will be similar to HL2. Puzzles-Action-Puzzles-Story and so on.
After all, we works on the mod's technical background, because there is still a lot to learn about Source engine :).
Keep tuned, and keep tracking !
Misinformation about the mod:
- No, its not will be the remake of the movie called Kontroll.
- No, Kontroll is not a sweedish mod. We are hungarian modders ;).