Another week has gone by and we have another patch for you. We realize it may have been a long week of testing with the constant server crashes; this is why patch 1.2 especially focuses on attempting to remedy the crashing issue. Our programmer, who has been testing for several hours every night, feels that the fixes listed below will either solve some of the crashes or at least point him in the right direction.
Posted by WinstonChurchill on May 29th, 2010
Another week has gone by and we have another patch for you. We realize it may have been a long week of testing with the constant server crashes; this is why patch 1.2 especially focuses on attempting to remedy the crashing issue. Our programmer, who has been testing for several hours every night, feels that the fixes listed below will either solve some of the crashes or at least point him in the right direction. Also, our level designers have been touching up the maps according to your feedback and bug reports. Lastly, there are a couple other small changes, but you can read it all in the changelog below.
Today's screenshots will focus less on the visuals of Resistance and Liberation and more on the action in game. Therefore, below are some screenshots taken during actual play.
Changelog - Open Beta 1.2
- ! Possibly fixed a server-side crash when trying to look up an entity.
- ! Possibly fixed a server-side crash on round restart.
- ! Possibly fixed a case where a player could spawn already leaning.
- ! Possibly fixed a case where a player's view would continue rolling if they died while prone rolling.
- ! Fixed being able to open the map when in spectator mode.
- ! Fixed crouch sprinting being disabled.
- ! Fixed the machine gun view being too restricted.
- ! Fixed mp_restartround and mp_restartgame not working. (Only differece between the two is mp_restartgame resets the amount of rounds won, useful when using mp_roundlimit)
- ! Fixed a common streetlight model having a bad collision model, making it impassable in some places.
- ! Fixed a few other small errors with prop models.
- ! Fixed a case where the spectator GUI would still be up after a player spawned.
- ! Fixed a case where a player could open the squad selection menu for both teams by quickly hitting the auto-assign and teamjoin buttons multiple times.
- ! Fixed a bug where players would prone dive when walking.
- ! Fixed a bug where players would prone dive when moving backwards.
- ! Fixed the placeholder G43 models not being precached.
- ! Fixed player helmets not displaying on low model settings.
- +Added sensitivity_hip, sensitivity_is, and sensitivity_ss to give different sensitivities based on weapon posture.
- +Added mp_limitteams, defaulted to 16, to limit number of people per team
- +Added the ability to deploy an MG at a vertical angle, rather than have it locked on the horizontal.
- +Added a slight capture bonus for each player on the capturing team in a capture zone.
- +Added cl_viewbobscale_x and cl_viewbobscale_y to enable users to scale the view bob effect.
- +Added sliders for these new cvars to the multiplayer options.
- - Removed some unused and disabled options in the options menus.
- - Removed pistols from all classes with auto or semi-auto weapons and the german Grenadier (Except NCO and MG)
- - Removed grenades from the Sharpshooter class and the MG classes.
- Changed blood spray to reduce it to near-human levels. (No more exploding vats of goo)
- Changed cl_detaildist to have a minimum value of 250.
- Changed color of player ID HUD to white.
- Changed the distance of the player ID HUD to be slightly farther.
- Changed the amount of morale each weapon takes on near-miss shots to increase the effectiveness of suppression.
- Updated Ardennes to fix some small graphical glitches, fix the round never ending sometimes, make the city center capzone bigger, and add resupply crates.
- Updated St. Mére Eglise to slightly reduce the grass density, fix numerous spawn issues, and fix various exploits.
- Updated the squad scripts to create a Fireteam Leader in the Allied second Fireteams rather than a second NCO.
- Updated the squad scripts to create a Truppführer (Fireteam Leader) to accompany the Squad Leaders in Axis squads.