Reign of the Undead (RotU) version 2.2.0 has been released. RotU is now open-source software, available at no cost.
In Novemeber 2012, Bipo, the original developer of RotU, decided to move on to other projects and open-sourced RotU. I stepped in and created RotU 2.2 based on Bipo's released source, and have created the infrastrucure to develop RotU as an open-source community project. I'd like to thank Bipo for his past efforts in developing RotU through version 2.1, and also for his support of my efforts to create this open-source project.
The project website is Code.google.com, where you can find the source code, binary releases, tutorials, and report bugs. This is a community project, and we welcome additional developers, translators, artists, and map makers.
Bipo still graciously maintains a forum at Forum.heavygunz.net for discussion and community support for RotU.
The release announcement, including the full changelog, is available at Code.google.com
The complete changelog is far too big to include here, but some of the major changes in RotU 2.2 include:
- Grenade and minigun defense turrets
- New in-game admin menu
- Claymores work
- New zombie types and special wave types
- Improved wave system
- New end-game map voting system
- New warnings system
- Many bugs and glitches have been eliminated
- Wave intermission 'Did You Know' messages
- Minimap shows location of downed players and player-zombies
- Auto-spawning now works
- Ability to have up to 175-200 maps available for voting
- Most maps made for RotU 1.15, 2.0, and 2.1 work
- All abilites shown in the UI are now implemented
Our (difficult!) public 1.7 development server is at Gametracker.com
Pulsar runs a public 1.6 server at Gametracker.com
Please enjoy RotU 2.2, and feel free to report bugs and feature requests!
Happy zombie killing,
Mark A. Taff, aka |PZA| SPC Taff