A summary of the state of the project and announcing the closed beta of our demo.
Posted by s87 on Dec 25th, 2013
A short summary what happened so far:
- OpenOutcast started as a total conversion mod for Crysis Wars (CryEngine 2)
- Crytek released the CryEngine Free SDK, allowing smaller teams to develop entire games using the latest CryEngine technology (CryEngine 3)
- We decided to continue the development using that engine as it would allow us to release a standalone game rather than staying a mod
- In order to reflect this change, the project was renamed to Outcast: Legacy of the Yods
- The plan was to port over the Oasis 1.1 demo, redesign the levels and add more features such as combat and in general prepare the framework in which the whole game could be developed
- At the end of this process, we would release a standalone demo version and launch an extensive PR and application campaign to mass enough talent to finish the content, as the final regions, more assets, ...
Now we are announcing the closed beta of this demo. More information about the application process can be found HERE.
After its release, there will be a new project page on IndieDB.
Merry Christmas everyone!