Lot's of finishing touches for Dune 2000: no more file format conversion steps and new render traits.
Posted by Milanium on Aug 18th, 2013
As usual: please help test this so we can collect and fix blocker bugs for the next stable release.
- Cameos as well as bibs are now loaded from sequences.
- Added a new render trait WithIdleOverlay.
- Removed WithSpinner (use WithIdleOverlay instead).
- Added support for additive blending used in Dune 2000.
- Added terrain tile rendering support for R8 images.
- Allow Tilesets to specify their sheet size.
- Allow maps to override game options.
- Added "Build off Ally ConYards" option to prevent excessive team base-walking if not wanted.
- Added a starting cash option.
- Allow a local user directory inside the game root ("Support") to aid portable installations.
- Fixed the autotarget bug that made turrets uncontrollable in combat.
- Added a small popup to notify users about the crash to encourage player to make more useful problem reports in the future:
- Added GPS dots for enemy unrevealed structures.
- Removed all .R8 to SHP/TMP conversion steps. Load assets from the native formats.
- Adjusted timer position and build palette size.
- Fixed the cursor twitching around and sprites not being centered correctly.
- Added spinning radar overlay.
- Added welding overlays for factories with additive blending.
- Added explosions and muzzles with additive blending. There are still some unidentified or mismatched sequences though.
- Adjusted the angle for the rocket tower projectiles.
- Removed packing in the construction yard into MCV because it looks inconsistent.
- Added WithCrumbleOverlay to let buildings appear before the rubble is falling down.
- Developer cheats enabled by default until it is shipped.
- Fixed a crash when shroud/fog was disabled.
- Added idle overlays to the buildings (blinking lights, flags, rotating fans...)