Its been 3 months since we released Planet Explorers a0.1 and we've been working hard at Pathea Games since that time. Now, we have something to show for, in the form of a0.3. It is available now in the downloads section.
With a0.3, we've added lots of new features, including:
- LOD 1km view distance voxel terrain
- AI coding structure change
- New grassland species
- New enemy attack behaviors
- Species will attack each other
- Some species will not attack player unless attacked
- New adventure terrain map
- 5+ new materials
- small Forest demo area
- 3 more NPCs with another mission from the main storyline
- 10+ new FX
- Female back in
- Hair changing
- New armor sets
- Creation system (weapons)
- Range weapon (bow and arrow)
- Mission guidance
- Day/night cycle
- Random NPCs with random missions
- NPC partners
- Using the ctrl key to drag horizontal when building with voxels
- Trading system involving meat
- Simple multiplayer coop tower defense map
- Autorun (middle mouse to start and stop)
There are several systems that we're extremely proud of including the LOD and the creation system. With LOD, one can see a long ways off, giving the world a real sense of scale. With the creation system, we're allowing players to build whatever hand held weapons they want (with more options such as cars and planes later). There are still bugs and incomplete features, heck, we had to pull off several all nighters over the last week just to get this build stable enough for you guys to check out. So please bear that in mind when you play it.
With that, please also look for a0.4 coming in a month time. In that version, we'll be adding a randomly generated multiplayer adventure map, swimming, forest creatures, and more.
Also a note on the multiplayer, we only have 1 server up for this (so maybe 4-5 games at the same time?) and there are some notable bugs, so this might be a bit frustrating to play with for now, we'll hopefully put up an update in the next week to get some of the bugs fixed.