News and releases!
Hey folks! Today we're happy to announce a great update to Cry of Fear. It's including a lot of new things, such as 6 whole new campaigns, bug fixes and also a new album! The whole changelist can be seen further down on this news post.
Here below is the trailer for the new campaigns that have been released along with the patch.
Patch 1.5 changelist:
- Fixed stats giving you an F on custom campaigns
- Fixed saving error on monster_custom
- Added custom campaign: The Hole
- Added custom campaign: Her
- Added custom campaign: iSolation
- Added custom campaign: Hotel Terror
- Added custom campaign: Recidivist
- Added custom campaign: The Scrolls Of Shaimoon
- Updated custom campaign: Out of It
- Added new donators
To find the changelists of patch 1.1, head here:
To find the changelists of patch 1.2, head here:
To find the changelists of patch 1.3, head here:
To find the changelists of patch 1.35, head here:
To find the changelists of patch 1.4 head here:
How to install patch 1.5
1. Launch the CoF app program (the shortcut that generates on your desktop when you install Cry of Fear). If you don't have the shortcut, you can manually find the .exe in this directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\yourusername\half-life\CryOfFear\CoFLaunchApp.exe.
2. Once your launch program is up, simply click "CHECK FOR UPDATES", and it will download it and install it for you automatically. Once the install is done, restart Steam.
If you want to download manually, you can do so here: www.cry-of-fear.com/patches/patch.exe
Campaign Competition Closed
The campaign competition have now been closed. We now have 9 campaigns that are participating.
Here's a list of those campaigns:
- Hotel Terror
- Scrolls of Shaimoon
- Out of It
- The Stairway
- The Hole
- Community Collab.
The winner will be announced at September 28th.
The competition is sponsored by MIONIX.
Cry of Fear (Lost Tracks & Memories)
Andreas have released a new soundtrack, which contains songs from later Cry of Fear patches, plus old personal songs. You can get the album here: Cdbaby.com
We are also in great need of having servers up and running, to let people experience the awesome co-op modes.
So if you want to help us with putting up servers, head to this link to read more:
We would really, really appriciate your help, and we will consider a cool way to thank the server hosters.
Cry of Fear v1.0
For you who have not yet tried Cry of Fear, please download it from here down below. We recommend you follow this guide if you are not sure how to install Cry of Fear:
We hope that you will enjoy this patch! Please leave a comment on what you think, and why not follow us on Facebook? We almost post news every day on it, and we have a lot more going on in our Facebook. For all of you fans, we recommend it! Simply click on the facebook icon to head to our facebook.
Anyways, see you out there, and hopefully you will cry of fear.