Here is the latest in our new Overgrowth alpha format! David himself took some time to illustrate the traditional changelog in video form.
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth.
Be sure to watch it in HD!
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (among some extra ones thrown in for good measure):
- rendering uses cubemap mips instead of two cubemaps for diffuse and spec
- enemies only try to pick up weapons in combat
- finer jump velocity control
- improved animation when rolling off of edges
- experimenting with triangle mesh subtraction
- dynamic character cubemap test (radiosity/reflection)
- one-way physics collision (so camera/character can't get stuck)
- Seamless cube map filtering and blurring
- Removed intel GPU warning
- Improved gamma correction compatibility
- Added debug options to disable animation features
- Improved dialogue text positioning
- Fixed dialogue camera preview
- Fixed split screen rendering
- Objectives and achievements are now stored in level parameters
- Improved wind effect on ears
- Fixed "GL_prefix reserved" error
- Controllers can be plugged and unplugged while game is running
- Automatically recognize common controller input (via SDL game controller db)
- Updated SDL to 2.0.3 (fixes some controller and windowing issues)
- Added cats and rats
- New mesh simplification algorithm for character LOD
- Arena preloads all necessary files (no stuttering from file I/O)
- Improved running bounce animation
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!
If you liked this video, be sure to subscribe below.