New features including an arena level with progressive difficulty, GPU character skinning, scripts can attach items to characters, split challenge level and versus mode scripts off from level script, level scripts can use string message passing instead of function calls, added transparent placeholder objects, added placeholder and pathpoint objects to spawner utility tab, added alt-drag copy support to connectable objects, and more!
Posted by jeffr on Feb 7th, 2013
Here is the latest in our new Overgrowth alpha format! David himself took some time to illustrate the traditional changelog in video form.
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth.
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (among some extra ones thrown in for good measure):
- Added arena level with progressive difficulty
- Added arena level to campaign menu
- Added GPU character skinning
- Scripts can attach items to characters
- Split challenge level and versus mode scripts off from level script
- Level scripts can use string message passing instead of function calls
- Added transparent placeholder objects
- Added placeholder and pathpoint objects to spawner utility tab
- Added alt-drag copy support to connectable objects
- Fixed Mac crash when loading levels with groups
- Fixed Windows zlib.dll issue (error 0xc0150002)
- Fixed Linux SSE memory alignment issue
- Fixed deleting characters during combat
- Fixed shader live update
- Fixed object parameter saving and loading
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!
If you liked this video, be sure to subscribe below.