New features including weight maps to control detail objects density, enabled object mirroring, changed how models are stored in memory for better stability, and more!
Posted by jeffr on Oct 31st, 2011
Here is the latest in our new weekly Overgrowth alpha format! David himself took some time to illustrate the traditional changelog in video form.
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our weekly alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth.
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (among some extra ones thrown in for good measure):
- Added weight maps to control detail objects density
- Enabled object mirroring
- Changed how models are stored in memory for better stability
- Unified quit path for nicer cleanup
- Cleaned up detailmap4 shader
- Testing out shader macros
- Added warning message when using Intel GPU
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!
If you liked this video, be sure to subscribe below.