New features including controller input using SDL_Joystick, XInput path for Windows 360 controller input, improved procedural stance animation, improved AI patrol pathfinding, added initial auto-camera option (in config.txt), joystick can control second playable character if there is one.
Posted by jeffr on Sep 27th, 2011
Here is the latest in our new weekly Overgrowth alpha format! David himself took some time to illustrate the traditional changelog in video form.
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our weekly alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth.
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (among some extra ones thrown in for good measure):
- Controller input using SDL_Joystick
- XInput path for Windows 360 controller input
- Changed config key binding system to be more flexible
- Improved procedural stance animation
- Improved AI patrol pathfinding
- Bullet uses single-sided collision again (fixes objects getting stuck in the ground)
- Added initial auto-camera option (in config.txt)
- Joystick can control second playable character if there is one
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!
If you liked this video, be sure to subscribe below.